Skip to main content

Vic and Anthony's


Michael decided that he wanted to take Uncle Mark to a dinner at Vic and Anthony's while he was in town.  We were planning to ask Grandma and Papa to watch Gabby while we went out to eat; however, Grandma and Papa were in Las Vegas during the majority of his visit so we decided to allow Gabby to come with us (but we were admittedly a little concerned of her behavior).  We talked up the dinner for a week, discussing how princesses went to this place to eat and how they were expected to behave.  I carefully made early dinner reservations to help with her mood and we decided that the dinner would be considered an early birthday celebrations for Gabby, which was literally the icing on the cake solidifying her behaving throughout the entire night.

So the night of the dinner arrived and we all got dressed up and headed to the restaurant.  Gabby was so excited! When we arrived she admired that large live lobsters with Daddy and then they lead us all to our table.  When we were first seated (with the only child in the entire restaurant mind you) we were given "looks," however, we were quickly forgotten or smiled at because Gabby was behaved better than the rest of the us three adults!  She literally ate half of my perfectly cooked medium-well 16 oz. ribeye steak, mashed potatoes, and even her green beans.  After we all finished our meals (with three trips to the restroom so Gabby could enjoy the live music from the bar area and watch her reflection in the elevator doors while dancing) it was finally dessert time! Gabby chose the largest piece of red velvet cake I've ever encountered which matched her dress perfectly.  They drizzled chocolate syrup on her plate into the words, "Happy 4th Birthday" and she gleamed as they lit her early birthday candle.  She savored every bite that she could manage to stuff in her already full stomach.  When we left the dinner she was exhausted and passed out within five minutes of leaving the restaurant.  It was a very fun experience to share with Gabby and Mark.  Probably the second most favorite time going to eat there!  I am sure we will take her again some day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.