Skip to main content

A Month Celebrating Gabby's Birthday


Let’s be clear, Gabby’s birthday celebration wasn't a day event like the typical person, oh no! It was a birthday month and we made the most of it all.  Her birthday month celebration began at Vic and Anthony’s (a place where only princesses celebrate) and then Papasito’s celebrated her birthday early when she informed the waitress that her birthday was March 17th.  We also celebrated on her actual birthday, the day before her party, her birthday party, at dinner after her party.  When we went to Texas Roadhouse with Grandma and Grandpa. Gabby informed them that it was almost her birthday party.  Naturally, they sang to Gabby (she grinned from ear to ear) and they also sat her on a saddle and did a good southern ‘yee haw’ in celebration.  She got a huge kick out of this. 

Sitting on the saddle while they sang "Happy Birthday"
Finally, our last celebration was the night of her birthday party when they gave her ice cream and sang Happy Birthday to her in their own special way.  Next, a duet of guitarist came over, sang happy birthday to Gabby, and then preceded to sing (in Spanish) and play the “chicken song” you always hear at weddings.  We cracked up laughing and dancing (at our seats) trying to encourage Gabby to join in.  She never actually danced, but loved every minute of the attention 100% on her in such and unexpected spontaneous way.  She kept elbowing Daddy while they sang and we of course giggled.  Once the music ended we asked her if she was elbowing Daddy because she was embarrassed by his dance moves and she matter-of-factly informed us that they were singing to her so he shouldn’t have been dancing.  It has been very fun celebrating a month of the greatest blessing in our lives.  I can’t wait for next year….actually I can.  Slow down Gabby.  Continue to stop and smell the roses and loving to spend all of your time with me.  I love being stuck together like glue.  Mommy and Daddy love you!

Blowing out her final candle celebrating her 4th birthday month

Elbowing Daddy because they were not singing to him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.