Skip to main content

A Change For the Blog




My sister, Lacey, has been telling me for months, maybe even a year that I need to start writing about all aspects of my life, not just Gabby.  It’s difficult to expose all parts of your life on the internet for the world to see so I have resisted this suggestion.  Finally I think I have convinced myself that I am going to attempt to talk about various aspects of my crazy, beautiful life.  Hopefully I can do this in a way that you can relate to and is still entertaining.  I know Gabby is fun and interesting ALL of the time, but me…not so much.    

I figure I will start with a simple background, because the point of blogging is for you to feel like you are here to experience my life and relate to my “adventures.”  Obviously my world revolves around Michael and Gabby.  They are my world and are always in my thoughts no matter where I am or what I am doing (which I believe sometimes drives my friends crazy).  Apparently once you are a wife and a mother there is no true you time ever again.  This may sound like a negative thing, but it’s not, it’s the greatest thing in the world.  The hardest part is learning how to balance “me” time, work, and family.  I will go into greater detail later regarding the balance.

Hopefully by now you know, I am part time speech language pathologist and a full time mom.  I am very blessed that my mom watches my baby while I am at work.  Honestly, I would not work, we would live a far less luxurious life (and probably wouldn’t have savings) if it wasn’t for the greatest gift my mom has given us…so again, thank you mom!

P.S. Every Post about Gabby will still be the main page (or under “Gabby”) and all of mine should be under “mommyhood” and then added to other tabs for organization.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rock Star Party

Gabby's party was everything she imagined it.  The 22 girls enjoyed getting their hair and make up done.  Then they all put on their head set microphone and then headed onto stage and enjoyed performing their favorite songs.  The girls seemed to really like the party that Gabby planned.  After cake and gifts the girls went back to the stage for an encore (or 5).  A few of the moms at the party even attempted to escape from one of our escape rooms.  Gabby seemed to love having the run of Escape Artist and showing off the rooms to all of her friends.  It is amazing how many people love and care for Gabby.  We are so grateful for all of the friends and fun that was had at her party!  













Happy Birthday Grandma!!

Today is Gabby's Grandma's birthday! We were very lucky that we saw Grandma close to her birthday so we could celebrate together.  We all really enjoyed seeing Grandma and Grandpa, especially Gabby.  It took her about 5 minutes to warm up to them, but then it was hugs, kisses, and showing off for the two and a half days they stayed with us.  We celebrated Grandma's birthday with a quiet dinner and a birthday cake; although it was Grandma's birthday cake, I think Gabby thoroughly enjoyed it more than even the birthday girl! Grandma graciously gave Gabby the large white chocolate square with her birthday greeting written on it.  Gabby took large bites into it and LOVED it!




The day they were leaving Gabby and I took Grandma to Chik-Fil-A (to see Gabby in her element) for lunch.  While we all ate our chicken nuggets Gabby grabbed Mommy's drink and took big gulps, because she is too big for a juice box.  Then, once she was bored with her lunch she began waving at each…

Deep In the Heart of Texas!

Gabby's dance recital theme this year was "Texas."  Gabby's tap and jazz class chose "Deep In the Heart of Texas!"  Gabby worked extremely hard to learn her dance over the past two months and I must say she did amazing! I loved watching her put on a big smile and shake her hips in her tutu while pumping her heart in the dance.  She did very well and seemed so confident while performing on stage (although that wasn't truly the case).



Yesterday at the dress rehearsal Gabby heard people laughing (because her dance is so stinking adorable) and Gabby was very upset that people were laughing at her.  I calmed her down after ensuring her everyone loved their dance and were just being interactive because they were enjoying singing along \the song and clapping when while singing.  They ran through their dance twice on stage and did amazing the second time, but I think the fact that they ran through their dance twice made Gabby feel like they weren't doing i…