Skip to main content

Easter

Easter Eve
Easter weekend was a spectacular time for Gabby.  Saturday we went to a crawfish boil at my parents house.  Michael set up the bouncy house in the back yard and Katie and Carley (Gabby's second cousins) jumped with Gabby all afternoon.  After a while, Aiden and Addison also came over to visit and play.  While I was eating crawfish Gabby came over to inspect them.  She was appalled and scared of the cooked crawfish, but very curious about them.  I was wearing gloves (that way I could get to Gabby if there was an emergency), so finally I convinced Gabby to touch a crawfish by putting gloves on her hands.  Catie, Carley and Gabby were the only kids who was brave enough to touch the crawfish (I guess it was the Cajun in them!). Aiden and Addison were highly concerned about the "monsters".  Gabby picked one up and said "bite you."  She is a little comedian.

Easter Day
Okay so Easter was more like Christmas in the Monties' house.  Since we don't get to see Carley and Katie but about once a year and their birthdays are all around the same time we had a triple birthday party.  G.G. brought three full sized birthday cakes, one for each of the girls.

The day was busy, hectic and fun to say the least. When we first arrived we visited and jumped in the bouncy house for a little while and then decided we should go ahead and allow the girls to open their gifts so they would have things to play with while we got lunch on the table.  Okay to literally the floor was covered with gifts for the three girls.  It was insane, it looked like Christmas at Easter! So fun! The kids tore through their gifts and still took about 20 minutes to open their gifts (simultaneously). I think all of the girls got the coolest gifts.  Gabby got movies, Wizard of Oz tea set, Wizard of Oz dog and basket, Wizard of Oz lunch box, clothes, a remote control car, baby doll clothes, a pretty bracelet, a craft table that makes music when you draw, jewelry box, a kite with a cat on it, hand sewn dish towels, an apron, and oven mitt and much much more. Insane. Like I said...

After gifts was dinner (for the adults at least) and then more fun.  It was time for an Easter egg hunt. Poor Gabby was bitten by ants so we had to redistribute eggs for her to find once we calmed her down.  Then Gabby ate a few bites of her chocolate bunny which was an amazing experience for a two year old.  She surprisingly savored her bites of bunny ears.

We then sat the three girls next to each other with their cakes in front of them and sang the most mumbled version of "Happy Birthday" you've ever heard.  Apparently when 8 adults serenade 3 birthday girls it's quite confusing and hilarious to hear.  Trying to blow out the candles was difficult.  Every time the girls blew their candles out they would reignite, perplexing to a 7, 3, and 2 year old girls.

Then it was time for everyone to leave.  It was hours past Gabby's nap time and she was extra whiny but she gave kisses and bid adieu to each person and then she was out.  Michael and I relaxed and visited with my parents and my grandma. All and all it was a spectacular Easter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.