Skip to main content

Vacation Finale


Grandma and Papa asked if they could see Gabby and even allowed us a date night.  Gabby spent the night at their house.  When we woke up Sunday morning Michael and I headed to the Woodlands to see my friend, Genny, and her new house....and pick up a kitty.  Her house was lovely, Michael and I enjoyed a day just the two of us and Gabby was surprised with a new kitty.


We carried the cat into Grandma and Papa's house in a carrier, but instantly Gabby exclaimed a kitty! There was no fooling her for even half a second.  Nanny even Face Timed to see Gabby's reaction.  When we asked her what we should name the kitty she said Sheldon.  When we explained that this was a girl cat and she needed a different name Gabby said she wanted to name her Ila.  I wasn't too sure about where she'd heard that name so we settled on Lila.  A funny story, the next week we were watching The 12 Dancing Princesses, and one of the princesses is named "Ila."


I wasn't too sure about getting another cat, but she is the sweetest most loving cat I've ever met.  I think I like her as much as Gabby!  Welcome to our family Little Lila.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

A Fun Filled Christmas Season

This Christmas season has been a very busy one for our family.  I have hosted a party and been to a numerous parties.  Gabby saw Santa Claus twice, made gingerbread houses, saw a performance of the “Gingerbread Man” with puppets, made a gingerbread man and ate it, counted down the days until Christmas with an Advent Calendar, made Mary, Joseph, and Jesus figurines, and went to look at Christmas lights a few times while belting out Christmas songs.  We did not forget the reason for this season.  No matter what we were doing, I tried to incorporate and tie it back into Jesus’ birth and the true meaning of Christmas.  Even Mr. Elfis tried to show Gabby that this season is about Jesus.  He read a Christmas Story one day and prayed over a nativity scene one day. Mr. Elfis enjoying a roasted marshmallow Gabby "helped" make cookies for the party I attended Mess maker, the only way to have fun As a treat, I bought Gabby, Grandma, and I tickets to the local Nutcra