Skip to main content

"Great" Vacation


Thursday we left for the only true "vacation" part of our vacation.  We woke up, packed up, and started our 5 hour trek to the Great Wolf Lodge.  The trip was uneventful, Gabby did not really understand where we were going.  When we arrived Gabby instantly became excited simply by seeing the gigantic wolf statues that greet you at the entrance of the over filled Lodge parking lot.  Once inside, Michael and I became impressed.  The indoor waterpark was amazing! Far more to do than I think either of us truly expected.  We all became very excited. 

Once we checked in and saw our amazing room, Daddy was kind enough to let Gabby and I go directly to the waterpark while he unloaded the car (which took about an hour because the place was so packed).  Gabby was overwhelmed by the water at first, but quickly warmed up to it.  She played in the little kid area, enjoying the slide and squirting water on Mommy.  Daddy joined us and we played in the wave pool (which was Gabby's favorite area over the two days).  To alarm you that the waves were about to begin, a wolf would howl; Gabby loved this and would howl, sometimes the whole ten minutes the waves were going.  We made sure to squeeze in all of the age appropriate water events: swimming, wave pool, water play areas, lazy river, crawling across giant lily pads, and slides.  After two or three hours of swimming Gabby was exhausted.  We went inside and cleaned up.  While Aunt Sharon, Uncle Lee, Brody and Emma were on their way to meet up with us, we went and bought Gabby a magic wand that was truly amazing.  When you walk around the hotel, on every floor there were things you could wave your wand at and something would happen.  For example, if you waved it as crystals they would light up various colors, treasure boxes would unlock with the wave of a wand, pictures would come to life, and all kinds of fun.  I don't think we could have chosen a better night in a hotel.    We had two fun filled, exhausting days! We couldn't even squeeze in everything they had to offer. 


We left the waterpark on Friday around 4:00 because Gabby just couldn't go any more.  We went to Grandma and Grandpa's apartment.  Aunt Sharon and the kids came over and we all went to the park so they could play.  Gabby loves when she has the chance to play with her cousins.  It's just so cute to see how giddy they are together.

On Saturday, we went to this restaurant called the Time Machine.  Gabby was dressed in her princess best- a purple princess dress, high heels, a crown, and of course a wand. Every table is decorated differently and the Mad Hatter was our waiter.  I think we lucked out because he was the one who stayed in character best.  Gabby's favorite table was the one that was a school bus, but we had to walk around the entire restaurant twice for her to admire everything.  When we were finished eating Gabby asked to have a cartoon-like photo drawn of her, the artist did a spectacular job and was so funny.  He kept telling her that she made his job fun because she was so beautiful and then he requested that Mike and I have 200 more babies!

To end our visit we went to see GiGi and visited with her for a short amount of time. It was wonderful to see her and she just looked absolutely beautiful! We headed home that evening after peeking in the windows of Grandma and Grandpa's new home. 

Our vacation was wonderful!

P.S. Sorry for the lack of photos, but I wanted to enjoy Gabby and not have to worry about my camera the whole weekend.  Michael was the phone photographer the whole weekend. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.