Skip to main content

Happy Mother's Day

This was my fourth Mother's Day.  It's hard to believe that I have been  a mom that long, wow! We had a lovely and peaceful day.  We ate at Freebirds, which Gabby loved because they have loud music she could dance to and we made her foil sculptures of a cat and rose.  Then we went to the mall and bought some make up I wanted.  Finally, it was time to go home.  Gabby fell asleep on the way home, which is bitter sweet, because she stayed up past 11:00 that night.  On the up side, it meant a few nice hours to relax and watch whatever I wanted to on t.v. (because Michael informed me I wasn't allowed to clean).  My Mom and Dad came over and we enjoyed a ribeye steak for dinner.  I know it doesn't sound like an exciting day, but it was nice having a day where nothing was expected of me and we could just relax for a change.

Oh, Gabby and Michael gave me the sweetest gift, a few days early because Michael couldn't wait.  They painted coasters for me that had an imprint of a different hand or foot on each one. It is a gift I will cherish for years to come! Gabby also gave me a butterfly made from her feet that said "I Love Mommy" (with a little help from Grandma of course).  The greatest gift of all, was from God those years ago when he blessed Michael and me with Gabrielle.  There is no greater gift than being the mother of such a sweet little girl! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

A Fun Filled Christmas Season

This Christmas season has been a very busy one for our family.  I have hosted a party and been to a numerous parties.  Gabby saw Santa Claus twice, made gingerbread houses, saw a performance of the “Gingerbread Man” with puppets, made a gingerbread man and ate it, counted down the days until Christmas with an Advent Calendar, made Mary, Joseph, and Jesus figurines, and went to look at Christmas lights a few times while belting out Christmas songs.  We did not forget the reason for this season.  No matter what we were doing, I tried to incorporate and tie it back into Jesus’ birth and the true meaning of Christmas.  Even Mr. Elfis tried to show Gabby that this season is about Jesus.  He read a Christmas Story one day and prayed over a nativity scene one day. Mr. Elfis enjoying a roasted marshmallow Gabby "helped" make cookies for the party I attended Mess maker, the only way to have fun As a treat, I bought Gabby, Grandma, and I tickets to the local Nutcra