Skip to main content

Baby Girl's First Mani/Pedi


Yesterday Grandma and I took Gabby for her first manicure and pedicure.  I've wanted to do this for a very long time, but I wanted to make sure she was old enough to experience that this was a special treat.  "Aunt KK" (my best friend, Kasey), told us about a place that has a special chair for little girls, so naturally that is the place we chose. 


Gabrielle and I had a difficult morning due to her behavior, (she's had an ear infection for over two weeks so I am trying to cut her some slack, poor baby) so a relaxing, fun activity was needed, for both of us to unwind and calm down.


Grandma, Gabby, and I arrived at the spa and chose our nail color.  Gabby settled on light pink finger nails, bright pink toe nails, and green flowers.  I decided to have them simply paint her nails rather than a full pedicure, because I wasn't sure how long her attention span would be.  She was highly interested in the water, so I suppose next time we may let her try a full pedicure.  The lady who painted Gabby's nails was super sweet to her, as was the man painting my nails.  They treated her like a princess and kept telling her things like, "You look like an angel."



I think the most adorable part of the process was when they completed her nails, green gems in the center of her flowers and all, she carefully held her nails up as to not accidentally smudge them.  She did this even once they were dry and carefully held her sucker she earned for allowing her nails to dry. I really enjoyed creating a memory with Gabby and Grandma.  It is very rare that I pamper myself, so it was wonderful to do it with two of my favorite people!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

A Fun Filled Christmas Season

This Christmas season has been a very busy one for our family.  I have hosted a party and been to a numerous parties.  Gabby saw Santa Claus twice, made gingerbread houses, saw a performance of the “Gingerbread Man” with puppets, made a gingerbread man and ate it, counted down the days until Christmas with an Advent Calendar, made Mary, Joseph, and Jesus figurines, and went to look at Christmas lights a few times while belting out Christmas songs.  We did not forget the reason for this season.  No matter what we were doing, I tried to incorporate and tie it back into Jesus’ birth and the true meaning of Christmas.  Even Mr. Elfis tried to show Gabby that this season is about Jesus.  He read a Christmas Story one day and prayed over a nativity scene one day. Mr. Elfis enjoying a roasted marshmallow Gabby "helped" make cookies for the party I attended Mess maker, the only way to have fun As a treat, I bought Gabby, Grandma, and I tickets to the local Nutcra