Skip to main content

A Visit From Grandma, Grandpa, & Lexi

What a lovely weekend we had! Gabby and I started our weekend early Friday morning.  We traveled to meet Gabby's newest second cousin, Blakeleigh.  What a precious little angel she is! Gabby was surprisingly well behaved and didn't get too jealous when I held her.  Brandy even allowed Gabby to hold her (a brave endeavor if you ask me) and I am proud to say, Blakeleigh survived with no bumps or bruises.  Newborns always amaze me.  I don't think there is any way to get closer to God (on Earth that is) than holding a newborn baby. It's truly amazing!  We enjoyed visiting with Grandma, GiGi, Great Aunt Lisa, Brandy, Great Aunt Christine, and Blakeleigh, but Gabby declared it was time to go around 5:30.  She was excited to get home and see her Grandma, Grandpa, and Lexi.

We arrived home promptly three hours after her declaration and to my surprise Gabby stayed up a few hours visiting with everyone, due to her excitement in their arrival.  The next morning we ate breakfast and then all piled in the car to go on a blackberry hunt through some walking trails near our house.  It was scorching hot, but Grandma found a large patch of them so we successfully found about a handful of blackberries.  Gabby enjoyed the hunt for the berries (and we enjoyed the air conditioning when we got back to the car).  I made a blackberry cobbler for dessert that night, which was quite tasty.

 We really enjoyed visiting with Grandma and Grandpa.  Basically the entire visit revolved around Gabby entertaining us, meaning she was the center of attention the way she likes it.  I know that Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed the visit as much as we all did.  They have spoiled us these last few months with a lot of visits, although unfortunate events bring them to us.  We continue to pray for Uncle Ray, our hearts go out to him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.