Skip to main content

Happy 7th St. Gabby's Day!



On Gabby's actual birthday we had a perfect day celebrating just the three of us.  Gabby is officially 7!! Can you believe it? How does time go by so fast? She is such a bright and loving girl.  She is kind, compassionate, and passionate in all things dear to her heart.  There have never been two parents prouder than us.
Checking out the flamingos who flocked to wish her a Happy Birthday.

Her first look at the flamingos
So to celebrate we woke up early and took her to Cracker Barrel to enjoy her favorite pancakes.  I think she liked playing checkers with Daddy and choosing a candy there more than she enjoyed the actual breakfast.  Directly after breakfast we allowed her to choose her fun for the day from a bunch of options.  Gabby chose bowling by cheering, clapping her hands, and jumping up in down with excitement.  We arrived the very moment they opened. And as if we planned it our neighbors arrived at the same time! So we all bowled together which made her celebration like a mini party.  The kids endured an hour of bowling (they were all done after one game).  Gabby was actually quite good (she had bumpers to help).  She literally beat me!
Running back in excitement after getting a strike!


Look where that bowling ball is headed.
After we all finished bowling it was arcade time! The kids played games and then we all played laser tag.  We had so much fun shooting the lasers and running around.  Our team won both rounds and the kids loved that.  We all finished the game wearing big smiles and sweating.  Almost immediately after completing laser tag Gabby and Payton walked above everyone on ropes and balance beams for a loooonnng time! Gabby started off with some fear and then quickly looked like a pro.  Next were more arcade games and choosing prizes.

Driving a motorcycle at the arcade


Next we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and they gave the birthday girl a free gigantic green ice cream cone.  We watched her eat it for 20 whole minutes!  Directly after eating we went into Toys R Us to choose a bicycle for her, but she wasn't in love with any so we are still on the look out for a Gabby approved bike.


Obviously at this time Mommy and Daddy were exhausted so we went to the Escape Room for a rest before Daddy had to open for the day.  We both fell asleep from all of the excitement.  Finally after an hour of rest Gabby and I left to go get ready for our evening fun.  Mommy made cupcakes and cake for Gabby's party the next day while Gabby played with Abby.  Then we rushed and got her dressed in her Belle gown before heading to watch the premiere of "Beauty and the Beast".  We were running late and luckily did not miss any of the movie.  It was an amazing movie and a perfect way to end her day of fun.



Then we stopped by for one last birthday kiss from Daddy before heading to bed so that she would be well rested for her party the next morning.  I don't think any little girl could have asked for a better birthday celebration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.