Skip to main content

First Day of Kindergarten!


Today Gabby officially became a kindergartner! Gabby woke up bright and early and was so very excited about her first day.  She helped Daddy make a smoothie and drank it while eating a waffle and watching cartoons.  Then Mommy curled her hair and helped her get dressed in the kitty dress she bought for the first day of school.  Mommy presented Gabby with a small heart necklace that fits inside Mommy's big heart necklace, that way when we missed each other we could just touch our necklace and know they are in each other's hearts always.  






We took a few pictures (all included in this blog) and then the three of us headed to school.  We arrived at Gabby's school and she lead us straight to her classroom.  When we arrived to my surprise we were the last to arrive! Everyone was already seated and the teacher was about to start the lesson, so Gabby settled in quickly and started attending to the teacher before Mommy and Daddy even left the room (she is such a mature little girl).  We each kissed her cheek and left the room.





Mommy was very very sad to see how big Gabby has become.  Letting her got to 'real' school was difficult.  Daddy had to hug Mommy a long time to console her.  We are both very excited and know Gabby will excel in school.  

Mommy and Grandma were the second in line to pick her up.  Grandma and Mommy took Gabby for ice cream to celebrate her first day of school being completed! Gabby said her teacher was nicer than she thought she would be and that she loved school.  She said that she 'chit chatted' on the playground, read all day, and did art. Gabby played with her friends after school and seemed to already be following her schedule well. I think it's going to be a great school year! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.