Skip to main content

Meeting Corbin!




Michael was out of town for the week and Gabby and I missed him.  Michael and I made a plan to surprise Gabby.  We decided to head to College Station and look at the Christmas lights they have at Santa's Wonderland.  Gabby and I arrived in College Station at 3:30.  We visited with Daddy in his hotel for a bit before heading off to Santa's Wonderland!  We got there five minutes before they opened.  It was so fun! We stayed in our truck to stay warm and drove through admiring all of the lights.  Gabby really enjoyed it and I think Michael and I were surprised at the amount of lights decorating the acreage.  We had a yummy dinner together after looking at the lights and then it was time to head back home because Gabby had school the next morning.  We arrived home around 10:30 (Gabby was still wide awake) and I agreed to allowing her to sleep in bed with me as a special treat.  Just as we started to relax, Grandma called and told me that Nanny was in the hospital and was going to be induced.  We decided to get some shut eye and head out early in the morning.  I could not sleep so I quickly packed and then went to sleep.  Grandma called me at 3:30 stating things were progressing quickly so we decided to load up and head to the hospital!  We left around 4:00 a.m. and luckily Gabby slept until about 5:30 a.m.


We finally got to the hospital and we had made it before Corbin was born.  How exciting is this?! Corbin surprised us by coming three weeks early.  Gabby was so giddy when we finally met Corbin after a long day of waiting for him to make his debut.  We watched him get his bath and have his vitals taken.  He was perfect and Nanny was much healthier after his birth.  Gabby instantly fell in love with Corbin (as did I).  He is perfect!  Nanny and Uncle Patrick were instant naturals to being parents.  Gabby and I didn't even get the opportunity to hold him the day he was born because they took him for observations and we went to grab dinner. Gabby fell asleep! If you have kids you know you NEVER wake a sleeping baby so Gabby, Grandma, Papa, and I had to head  straight to the hotel.  We were all asleep before 9:00.

 
 

The next morning while everyone else was still getting ready, Gabby and I snuck over to get early morning snuggles with Corbin and to check on Nanny and Uncle Patrick.  We gave him his elf who snuggled with Corbin.  We stayed at the hospital fighting over who's turn it was to hold the baby until we had to head back because Gabby's dance recital we the next morning.  Gabby and I were so blessed to meet Corbin the day he was born.  We miss him all of the time and talk about him constantly.


Who can resist brand new baby toes?!
Look at that face!

Sleepy baby!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.