Skip to main content

First Dance Recital



So after a whirlwind few days we completed it with one last excessively busy, blessed day.  We started this day with breakfast and then getting ready for the most efficient concept of a "recital" I have ever attended.  I dressed Gabby in her hot pink tutu, put her hair in a bun, added a little lip gloss, blush, and glitter (to her hair) and we were ready to attend the fastest recital ever!

Mommy, Daddy, and Gabby arrived 15 minutes before the performance was to begin.  The parents waited in line to enter the room where the girls would perform the recital.  Once the doors opened we all found our seats and then the little ballerinas gracefully entered the room.  The stood in line and were each asked one thing they wanted for Christmas.  Gabby had missed the final dance class due to Corbin's birthday, so she had to come up with something she wanted on the spot.  Naturally she chose a cat.  My crazy cat baby always wants another cat for her cat "allection".


Once they were all in their spots on the dance floor they performed a dance to "The Nutcracker".  Their second and final song was to "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?"  The ballerinas all loved this song and danced very well to it. We all cheered, clapped, photographed, and videoed our little ballerinas while we enjoyed their performances.

Once they took a bow we were led into another room for the girls to celebrated their achievement with a cookie or cupcake of their choice.  We each snapped a few more photos and then we were free to go and enjoy the rest of our day.  The recital was the perfect way to introduce these littles into the arena of performing for an audience.  They all did wonderfully and seemed to have a great time.  Gabby cannot wait to dance again.  She truly seems to have a passion for ballet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!