Skip to main content

Ballerina Tea Party


Today was the day Gabby has been talking about since Papa surprised us with tickets to a ballerina tea party! Gabby and I went and had lunch and Grandma and Papa's with Daddy, got all dolled up, and headed to the tea party!


Practicing her dance moves before arriving at the tea party

Trying to be like Mommy
As soon as we arrived at the party, Gabby was shown into the Sugar Plum Salon, where young ballerinas (not in costume) put on make up and did her hair.  Then it was off to get her nails painted and take a photo with the Sugarplum Fairy from the Nutcracker.  Finally, after being pampered, we entered the tea party, which was filled with finger foods and decadent desserts.  Gabby was in heaven! She filled her plate with cheese, crackers, sandwiches, cookies, cupcakes, and other sweet treats.  After setting our plates on the table we went to choose which raffles Gabby wanted to sign up for. After looking at all of the choices she put most of her tickets in an American Doll and Barbie Ballerina raffle drawing box (but we did not win).  Gabby was distraught that we had left our food at the table to we quickly returned to it after getting the door prize she had won (a paper doll kit).

Getting her make-up done

Finishing her new hair do

Getting her nails done
Everything was timed perfectly, after introducing herself to the little girl sitting next to us and tasting her food, it was time for the performance to begin! We enjoyed watching 7 abridged acts of the ballet The Nutcracker.  Gabby was in aw of it all and would clap before the performances were even over.  Then there was a short intermission and then the finale.  Since we were in the very back and I would stand up and hold Gabby while watching the performances during the last one I allowed her to dance "with" the ballerinas.  She was adorable imitating all of their moves and twirling after every few moves.  All in all I would say today was everything she dreamed it would be.  Thank you Papa for spoiling Gabby with a ballerina obsessed little girl's dream day!

Meeting a ballerina up close and personal after her performance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!