Skip to main content

Cow Appreciation Day


One of Gabby’s favorite places to visit is Chick-Fil-A, but she calls it “nuggets” or “slide with friends.”   Since we are frequent visitors of the establishment we decided to celebrate Cow Appreciation Day for the first time.  For those of you who have never celebrated (or God forbid never heard of) Cow Appreciation Day, it’s a “holiday” created by Chick-Fil-A cows in which you dress up like a cow and receive an entire meal free.  You could go for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if you like.
  
Michael and I opted to eat dinner at home because he was working hard building a Murphy Bed (a post for another day) and I wasn’t sure if Gabby would be in a good mood by the time he completed the project.  Lucky for Gabby, Daddy finished the bed in time to make it to Cow Appreciation Day.  Being a procrastinator I hadn’t picked out an outfit for Gabby and I had to make her into a cow fast! While Daddy took a bath I rummaged through her closet and low and behold she had a shirt that had never been worn that resembled cow print.  I threw the shirt on with a pair of black pants and although she looked precious, I didn’t think she looked enough like a cow to qualify for a free kid’s meal.  We had recently bought face paint and she LOVES to have her face painted so I put little splotches on her face to make her look like a dairy cow.  Poor baby, my art skills are below par and she really looked more like a match girl with a dirty face than a cow.  Gabby didn’t think she looked like a cow either, because in her eyes if you paint her face she is a cat! I tried to convince her she was a cow and get her to say moo, but I couldn’t even trick her into saying moo because she is too smart.  Every time I asked Gabby what a cow said she would say, “No Mommy, I a cat” or “meow” to argue with me.  Michael and I were highly amused by her antics and I think we were both happy we made the effort to celebrate this silly “holiday.”
When Gabby arrived we looked around at all of the people…I mean cows while we waited in the surprisingly short line.  Michael and I each got a milkshake (one was free with a coupon I had) and Gabby got a free kid’s meal. So for $3 we had over an hour of amusement.  Sometimes the cheapest days are the most fun. 
Oh, congratulations to my friend Amy for having numerous pictures of the bride and groom cow she created making it on the Chick-Fil-A website!  Thanks for encouraging us to celebrate Cow Appreciation Day; I think we’ll make it an annual thing.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rock Star Party

Gabby's party was everything she imagined it.  The 22 girls enjoyed getting their hair and make up done.  Then they all put on their head set microphone and then headed onto stage and enjoyed performing their favorite songs.  The girls seemed to really like the party that Gabby planned.  After cake and gifts the girls went back to the stage for an encore (or 5).  A few of the moms at the party even attempted to escape from one of our escape rooms.  Gabby seemed to love having the run of Escape Artist and showing off the rooms to all of her friends.  It is amazing how many people love and care for Gabby.  We are so grateful for all of the friends and fun that was had at her party!  













Happy Birthday Grandma!!

Today is Gabby's Grandma's birthday! We were very lucky that we saw Grandma close to her birthday so we could celebrate together.  We all really enjoyed seeing Grandma and Grandpa, especially Gabby.  It took her about 5 minutes to warm up to them, but then it was hugs, kisses, and showing off for the two and a half days they stayed with us.  We celebrated Grandma's birthday with a quiet dinner and a birthday cake; although it was Grandma's birthday cake, I think Gabby thoroughly enjoyed it more than even the birthday girl! Grandma graciously gave Gabby the large white chocolate square with her birthday greeting written on it.  Gabby took large bites into it and LOVED it!




The day they were leaving Gabby and I took Grandma to Chik-Fil-A (to see Gabby in her element) for lunch.  While we all ate our chicken nuggets Gabby grabbed Mommy's drink and took big gulps, because she is too big for a juice box.  Then, once she was bored with her lunch she began waving at each…

Deep In the Heart of Texas!

Gabby's dance recital theme this year was "Texas."  Gabby's tap and jazz class chose "Deep In the Heart of Texas!"  Gabby worked extremely hard to learn her dance over the past two months and I must say she did amazing! I loved watching her put on a big smile and shake her hips in her tutu while pumping her heart in the dance.  She did very well and seemed so confident while performing on stage (although that wasn't truly the case).



Yesterday at the dress rehearsal Gabby heard people laughing (because her dance is so stinking adorable) and Gabby was very upset that people were laughing at her.  I calmed her down after ensuring her everyone loved their dance and were just being interactive because they were enjoying singing along \the song and clapping when while singing.  They ran through their dance twice on stage and did amazing the second time, but I think the fact that they ran through their dance twice made Gabby feel like they weren't doing i…