Skip to main content

The WHOLE McIlroy Family Together Again

All of Gabby's cousins (she was napping) cuddling with G.G.
(Photo by Danielle McIlroy)

It seems that the topics I am most excited about are the ones that leave me with writers block...I know what you're thinking, Amber who never stops talking can't think of what to say? Well the truth is I have plenty to say it's just does not do justice to the wonderful time we had, but I'll at least give you a glimpse at our fun.  Hopefully the pictures (mainly my sister-in-law's pictures) will depict the amazing time we all had visiting with each other, because a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

Gabby met her cousins Molly, Reagan, and Cate for the first time when she was about 2 1/2 months old and she hasn't seem them since (besides in the thousands of pictures I've shown her to make sure she knows who they are), until about a month ago that is!  Gabby and Molly have a special connection because they were born 6 days apart and the last time they saw each other they were infants who couldn't even control their own hands.  It was awesome getting to see how they reacted to each other being basically the exact same way.  They played together and constantly fought over the same balloon or other trivial toy.  For example, when Gabby wanted the small red balloon Molly had the small red balloon and she had the big red balloon or vice versa. It was a headache and hilarious at the same time.


 Photo by Danielle McIlroy
 Gabby and Molly enjoying their first In and Out Burgers (Photo by Danielle McIlroy)

During our 5 days with all of Gabby's cousins (except Brody, he came to visit but didn't stay the entire time) we didn't go many places because all of our time was so precious/special just being together.  We went to Gattitown one day, which all of the kids thoroughly enjoyed, but I honestly think they had more fun swimming and jumping in the bouncy house just spending time together being silly.
 Catie being her sweet self. I love that smile!
 Making sure the frosting tasted good enough for the cupcakes...
 Gabby giving Emma a kiss. I love this picture because if you look in the background Reagan is as free as a bird. I wish I was that good at naturally expressing how much I loved life. Also a funny fact: Reagan and Emma swapped bathing suites and thought it was the coolest thing. 
 (Photo by Danielle McIlroy)
 Gabby hugging GiGi

 Gabby and Reagan playing together because they were basically inseparable.
 There was pool time every day.  The water felt amazing and the girls all had a blast!
 Brody helping Grandma cook
 Molly and Gabby in their matching Minnie Mouse pajamas
 The girls baking us cookies
Gabby and her best friend Reagan. The cutest quote Reagan constantly said every day was that she wished Gabby would stay longer because she was nicer than her sister.  (Photo by Danielle McIlroy- all of the beautiful photos are hers basically)

Emma and Reagan taking turns "swinging" the baby girls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

A Fun Filled Christmas Season

This Christmas season has been a very busy one for our family.  I have hosted a party and been to a numerous parties.  Gabby saw Santa Claus twice, made gingerbread houses, saw a performance of the “Gingerbread Man” with puppets, made a gingerbread man and ate it, counted down the days until Christmas with an Advent Calendar, made Mary, Joseph, and Jesus figurines, and went to look at Christmas lights a few times while belting out Christmas songs.  We did not forget the reason for this season.  No matter what we were doing, I tried to incorporate and tie it back into Jesus’ birth and the true meaning of Christmas.  Even Mr. Elfis tried to show Gabby that this season is about Jesus.  He read a Christmas Story one day and prayed over a nativity scene one day. Mr. Elfis enjoying a roasted marshmallow Gabby "helped" make cookies for the party I attended Mess maker, the only way to have fun As a treat, I bought Gabby, Grandma, and I tickets to the local Nutcra