Skip to main content

Swim Lesson Recap

Swimming lesson #2 was a complete success! Although our morning started off rough I truly think Gabby has made significant progress in the pool. First, I put Gabby in the car and she literally fell asleep before I turned off of our street. So we arrive at the pool about 15 minutes before our lesson begins so I decide to allow her to have a 10 minute cat nap to hopefully rejuvenate her good spirit. After twiddling my fingers for the allotted time I scooped my little swim star into my arms hoping for a happy baby and was blessed with my wish granted.  Gabby played with a little 2 year old boy for 30 minutes. Thirty minutes? we were only supposed to have 10 minutes, apparently I was 40 minutes early not 10 minutes! Luckily Gabby was in a great mood throughout our swim lesson.  She went under 4 times and only cried the 4th time! She also learned how to walk on the edge of the pool with her hands and minimal help from me. The day I anticipated to be a disaster was a blessing in disguise.  Gabby made a new friend, which I plan on her seeing next week (we will arrive 30 minutes early) and she learned new swim skills!

Swimming lesson #3 was an epic fail!  Grandma and Nanny came to watch (big mistake!) so Gabby cried any time she had a glimpse of either of them.  She still did all of her exercises quite well, but I don't think she enjoyed it as much because she was too excited to play with Grandma and Nanny.  The good news? I have tons of adorable pictures and videos front he session!

The final swim lesson was wonderful! Daddy took a week of vacation so he was able to take Gabby to her final swim class.  We thought he would be the only man in the lesson but surprisingly three of the five parents were male at the lesson.  Gabby went to a different class and they dunked her under water at least triple the amount of times she was used to going under, but I guess because Daddy was there she felt safe and didn't seem to mind too much.  I think Daddy enjoyed the lesson as much as Gabby.  They followed all of the instructions and Gabby even swam underwater (with a little assistance from the instructor) for a few seconds!

Swim lessons were a fun experience and we will definitely do them again next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!