Skip to main content

No longer a little skittle....


On September 4th Mike and I went to the doctor looking forward to hearing our baby’s heartbeat for the first time, as promised by our doctor. However, to our disappointment we did not get to hear our baby’s heartbeat, he didn’t even try to listen to it! Honestly, I don’t think Mike or I even realized he did not let us hear our baby’s heartbeat until we were on our way home. Why?? Simply because we were both so amazed and excited by the sight of our little spawn changing in only 2 weeks into this amazing little PERSON! Our skittle is officially a baby! With legs, arms, and fingers and toes. The instant that the doctor found our little skittle, now baby, we were shocked. He was kicking and moving around like he had somewhere to go. The doctor said that we would get to count the fingers and toes if the baby would stop for even a second, but of course being Michael’s child he did not stop but instead kept on kicking punching. I have never seen something so small being so active. The pictures we have do not do justice to what we saw this day. We clearly saw our baby’s eyes, nose, mouth, body, arms, and legs! My thought is this baby has to be all boy and will be a star athlete. I don’t think most people’s babies move around that much at 11 weeks. So we still have plenty of first....the first time to hear the heartbeat will be on my mom’s birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.