Skip to main content

Easter


Easter was a very quiet event this year, just the three of us.  We really made the most of our family day since Michael closed the office Sunday in honor of Easter.  On Saturday before work we dyed Easter eggs as a family.  It was a fun activity that we cherish doing as a family.  Gabby loves any sort of crafting.

On the night before Easter Gabby insisted she must sleep in the living room in her tee pee like she did last year.  We obliged to this request and got her all tucked in with tons of fluffy blankets.  Michael arrived home around midnight and quietly walked to our room as to not wake her or possibly scare off the Easter Bunny.  He enjoyed looking at the carrots and whipped cream Gabby left out for the Easter Bunny to enjoy.



Around 2:00 a.m. Gabby came into our room and decided it was more comfortable to sleep with us.  So in the morning when she awoke she went directly into the living room and opened her entire Easter Basket without us! She even hunted the eggs the Easter Bunny had hidden around the living room.  I swear this all happened in about 5 minutes and I assumed she was just going to the restroom.  So after looking at the trail of chocolate the bunny left and checking out her new praying matis egg sack and Orbeez, she came and woke us up.  We were bummed that we didn't get to watch the excitement on her face while she discovered all of the fun that was left in her basket, but we enjoyed listening to her tell us all about it.

Next, Gabby and Daddy made yummy homemade bacon and pancakes for us to enjoy as a family. Then it was time to get ready and go to church.  We all enjoyed church and then came home and made a small, but traditional Easter lunch.


No Easter would be complete without the hunting of Easter eggs. I hid them in the front yard while Gabby polished up on her two wheeled bike riding skills.  She improves more and more every day!

After eating an about an hour or two of rest, we got dressed and ready to meet all of our employees to go and try out a different escape room.  We enjoyed time traveling and I think Gabby had a blast although she was scared part of the time.  Her favorite event was eating at Taco Bell sitting with the teenagers while Michael and I sat at the table beside them.  They made jokes and were so sweet including Gabby in all of the fun.

Finally, we took Gabby home and got her to bed an hour after her bedtime.  It was quite a non-traditional Easter, but I think it will be one we reflect back on and smile.  Hope you all had a wonderful Easter and we missed our family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.