Skip to main content

Halloween & Another Kitty Costume

Halloween this year was a whirlwind.  I had plans. Big plans, but life happens and plans change. Gabby had early release on Wednesday and Thursday this week.  We had every moment scheduled, but our schedule changed. We were blessed to have Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Sharon come for a surprise visit.  I wasn't getting much sleep and so I wasn't 100%. Wednesday Gabby spent the day with Mommy visiting with Aunt Sharon and Grandma and Grandpa once out of school. On Thursday, we still managed to spend one day with Aunt Sharon and even take her to the airport after Mommy got off of work.  Then we went to Uncle Mark's new apartment and picked up some clothes for him (Gabby is in LOVE and wants to move in immediately).  Then the fun began.  She got to  paint a black cat for Halloween and then got a Gigi's cupcake (eating nothing but the frosting).  Somehow she later convinced me to take her to the farmer's market for perusing, then some cartwheels in a field, and finally playing princesses in town center.

Gabby walking in the parade next to her teacher (who was also a cat)
After the parade getting ready to go back in the school

Abby in the parade (Gabby's BFF)

Thursday night we laid out Gabby's costume for the school costume parade the next morning.  Unfortunately, Gabby was up most of the night with a tummy bug and Mommy taking care of her.  She never complained that she felt bad, but she continued to get sick. I allowed her to get dressed in the morning (with hardly any sleep) and I dropped her off for the parade which began as soon as school started. She walked in the parade and then came home and stayed with Grandma while Mommy worked.  My sweet girl didn't really eat all day, but enjoyed being allowed to have special drinks such as Gatorade and orange soda.  She was her sweet chipper self.  Once I was home, Gabby spent the day snuggling with Grandma and Grandpa and watching too much television.

The fourth night of no sleep.  Friday night Mommy did not get much sleep due to tornado warnings on the alarm every thirty minutes.  The weather was terrible and we woke up to flooded streets.  We all feared that the water would not recede in time to pick up Cate, Reagan, and Molly for trick-or-treating.  Michael and I went to all of the grocery stores and they were out of pumpkins, can you believe it?!  Everything fell into place.  We went to the pumpkin patch at a nearby church and even though it was muddy they were open (this was on the agenda for the week so I was excited that we continued the tradition).  On top of getting to pick out a pumpkin from a plethora of over grown gourds, we also got it for half price!

 Grandma and Uncle Mark got the girls all a pumpkin at a different patch.  The girls had already carved a pumpkin, so they opted to paint their pumpkin.  Gabby hadn't so we designed her pumpkin (She drew it on her own) and then she and Daddy carved it.  Can you believe it? Over protective Daddy allowed Gabby to carve with a real knife! Naturally since all of her cousins were painting their pumpkin Gabby also painted hers.  The final result was a traditional looking colorful jack-o-lantern.  Daddy said it was the best one we had ever carved!

Finally we ate pizza and got ready to head into the cool misting night.  Grandma and Papa came to see Gabby and the girls in their costumes.  Then Grandma, Grandpa, Mommy, Daddy, Uncle Mark, and Aunt Danielle headed out to start an adventurous night of trick-or-treating.

Let's get this show on the road! Unwilling to pose for a photo. (Notice crazy cat baby even has a cat bag)

The girls ran from door to door getting candy.  Molly held a lantern to feel safe and Gabby occasionally requested my hand or a "big girl's" hand to feel safe.  Gabby attempted going through a haunted house with Abby and Katelyn, but ran back out. She decided to wait in line and try it again, and made it through with Daddy's help.  We also bombarded Aunt Kasey and borrowed her restroom and took a few bottles of water to survive the walk home.  All and all the was a success. The girls enjoyed sorting their candy and putting the types they didn't care for in a 'for sale' pile (sharing with each other).  They stayed up extremely late and ate too much candy and then slept in.  I love that the grandparents got to be part of the festivities!

Gabby met her friends at the haunted house

Making the ultimate fort for the girls to tell spooky stories and eat snacks after a night of trick-or-treating


Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Grandma!!

Today is Gabby's Grandma's birthday! We were very lucky that we saw Grandma close to her birthday so we could celebrate together.  We all really enjoyed seeing Grandma and Grandpa, especially Gabby.  It took her about 5 minutes to warm up to them, but then it was hugs, kisses, and showing off for the two and a half days they stayed with us.  We celebrated Grandma's birthday with a quiet dinner and a birthday cake; although it was Grandma's birthday cake, I think Gabby thoroughly enjoyed it more than even the birthday girl! Grandma graciously gave Gabby the large white chocolate square with her birthday greeting written on it.  Gabby took large bites into it and LOVED it!

The day they were leaving Gabby and I took Grandma to Chik-Fil-A (to see Gabby in her element) for lunch.  While we all ate our chicken nuggets Gabby grabbed Mommy's drink and took big gulps, because she is too big for a juice box.  Then, once she was bored with her lunch she began waving at each…

First Dance Recital

So after a whirlwind few days we completed it with one last excessively busy, blessed day.  We started this day with breakfast and then getting ready for the most efficient concept of a "recital" I have ever attended.  I dressed Gabby in her hot pink tutu, put her hair in a bun, added a little lip gloss, blush, and glitter (to her hair) and we were ready to attend the fastest recital ever!

Mommy, Daddy, and Gabby arrived 15 minutes before the performance was to begin.  The parents waited in line to enter the room where the girls would perform the recital.  Once the doors opened we all found our seats and then the little ballerinas gracefully entered the room.  The stood in line and were each asked one thing they wanted for Christmas.  Gabby had missed the final dance class due to Corbin's birthday, so she had to come up with something she wanted on the spot.  Naturally she chose a cat.  My crazy cat baby always wants another cat for her cat "allection".

Once …

Becoming a Marlin

One evening while eating dinner at Texas Roadhouse (our usual on Friday nights so we can see Daddy for an hour while he’s working) Gabby saw Olympic swimmers on the television and said I want to do that.  Michael and I have been wanting Gabby to become less fearful of the water and a stronger swimmer so we immediately agreed that becoming a swimmer was a great idea.  Two weeks later I had all of the information needed and we were signed up for the neighborhood swim team.  Little did I know how intense summer swim team would be!
To be allowed on the team you must be capable of swimming across the entire 25 meter pool, there is no time limit and you are allowed to hold on to the rope as much as you need.  Gabby made it across the pool in about 2 minutes, 20 seconds with a lot of encouragement from the coaches and a lot of holding onto the ropes and taking breaks.  I must add that the evaluation was in April and it was cold, but she never even mentioned the temperature of the water the…