Skip to main content

Dentist Visit



I have been dreading this day for months. I am lucky that Michael was off to help  me endure taking our baby girl to get her cavity in her tooth filled.  We arrived at 10:00 a.m. promptly and checked in; however, our appointment was not recorded on the schedule.  I asked if I could just speak to a dentist for five minutes regarding my options because I was not interested in sedation as recommended.  They ended up squeezing us in and using nothing but  laughing gas to correct the issue.  I freaked out the entire time they had her in the room; any time I heard another child cry or yell out I freaked out.  The secretary was kind enough to go and look in the room and tell me what was going on when I freaked.  After my and Micheal's 30 minutes of agony waiting for Gabby we walked into the room to a smiley baby girl who pushed out of the way to continue watching "Tangled."  She never mentioned the dentist after the visit.  When we tried to ask her questions about it she would answer them, but she really and truly seemed unaffected by the visit.  I on the other hand was traumatized!



The rest of the day Gabby was her chipper self.  We went to Chick-Fil-A after, as promised, played in the toy store for an hour, came home washed her new FREE jeep (thanks to Aunt Kasey), attempted to drive it but couldn't keep it straight, had a tea party, packed, and went for a swim.  Gabby's day was filled with fun and she never missed a beat.  I am proud to say the dentist did a great job and Gabby's only comment was that her tooth feels "poky."

Just because it's funny: We we went to check out at the toy store I let Gabby pay for her own art and she said, "your majesty" to the man who took the money and she curtsied.  She also required Daddy to bow.  It was quite hilarious.  The clerk didn't even blink an eye at our royal daughter. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M