Skip to main content

Family Rules Posted for All to Follow

Since we moved in our new house I have been looking for pictures to decorate the two niches we have. I cannot find anything I love to put in them, because everything seems so impersonal. I was at my friend Natalie's house one day and she had just hung a small 'Family Rules' framed photograph she found at the store. Her decorating skills were my inspiration for my latest crafting attempt.

In case you are interested in making something similar here are the steps:

1. Download the free fonts you like,
I downloaded all of my free fonts from dafonts.com (thank you Lacey for introducing me to this website) and another website I cannot recall. I am sorry.  Here are the fonts I used and their names:


  • McIlroy Family Rules  (permanent marker)
  • HAVE FUN  (Impact)
  • Make Memories (water street)
  • Love One Another(lobster 1.3)
  • Share (romantiques)
  • WORK HARD & PLAY HARDER (water street)
  • Clean up after yourself (riesling)
 2. Go to word and write whatever it is you want to have framed and try out the various fonts to figure out the look you like.

3. I tried to do my final layout in Photoshop, but I am not smart enough to figure it out, so I used a sample of a program called Scrapbook Max 2.0. The problem with the sample is that when you print the bottom eighth of the page is watermarked. I just shrank my picture, saved it, and cropped it to the 2'x3' dimensions I needed. (The program is very reasonably priced if you plan on making numerous projects).

4. I went to Office Depot and they printed my black and white poster for $3!

5. I went to Target and bought a frame. (I was too impatient to wait to build one or to look in thrift stores.)

I am very excited about my newest framed art in the house. I live that it's a touch of my personality show cased. Not too bad for someone who isn't very artistic or crafty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

A Fun Filled Christmas Season

This Christmas season has been a very busy one for our family.  I have hosted a party and been to a numerous parties.  Gabby saw Santa Claus twice, made gingerbread houses, saw a performance of the “Gingerbread Man” with puppets, made a gingerbread man and ate it, counted down the days until Christmas with an Advent Calendar, made Mary, Joseph, and Jesus figurines, and went to look at Christmas lights a few times while belting out Christmas songs.  We did not forget the reason for this season.  No matter what we were doing, I tried to incorporate and tie it back into Jesus’ birth and the true meaning of Christmas.  Even Mr. Elfis tried to show Gabby that this season is about Jesus.  He read a Christmas Story one day and prayed over a nativity scene one day. Mr. Elfis enjoying a roasted marshmallow Gabby "helped" make cookies for the party I attended Mess maker, the only way to have fun As a treat, I bought Gabby, Grandma, and I tickets to the local Nutcra