Skip to main content

Gabrielle's Dictionary

So here are some of Gabby's common words/phrases and their meaning:

Show- She wants to watch a television program or movie
Elmo on- This could mean she actually wants to watch Elmo or she would like to watch Nemo.  We make her clarify and she will expand by saying "fish" if she means Nemo.
Show me- Usually she will grab your hand and want to take you to see something or play with her some where
Mere- Come here
Beast- Beauty and the Beast
Money money-She found money it could be a coin or paper money they are equally exciting to her
Pig noise: Could mean she wants to put money in her piggy bank, play with her piggy bank by taking the money out and putting it back in or that she would like to watch Peppa Pig.  (She'll usually clarify by saying money or Peppa if you don't have a context to figure it out)
Bye-Bye: Just the cutest phrase she has because of the way she says it and usually follows it by "wuv you"
Scuse me- Means excuse me. She will say this with no prompting when she burps or after each hiccup it's adorable!
Tae Tu- Thank you
Side- Means slide and that she wants to go to the park
Walk- She wants to ride in her stroller or push her baby in her stroller
All done- She wants to stop doing something
Butter butter- Peanut butter or butter she loves both of them

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!