Skip to main content

Perfect Day at the Park

We took Gabby to a park I discovered earlier in the week.  Gabby LOVES the park because it has toddler appropriate slides and swings. It's a beautiful place less than a mile from our house so we can walk and enjoy the scenery of the Greenbelt as we walk there.


First Gabby wanted to swing. So of course we pushed her on the swing for a very long time before she lost interest.  Then she pushed Mommy, Daddy and Meow.  Later she tried swinging on her stomach which wasn't successful, but I think Michael enjoyed watching me model on the miniature swings of to swing on your stomach.  He even took pictures of me making a fool of myself (which I am not posting).  Once we finished sliding and swinging there was still plenty of fun left to be had for a one and a half year old.  You see, there were beautiful leaves of various shades of reds and browns literally falling from the trees as we played.  Gabby was highly concerned about the falling leaves and insisted that Daddy return them to their rightful home.  However, this game quickly because monotonous for Daddy so Mommy showed Gabby how to throw leaves over her head and watch them fall.  Gabby thought that this was the funnest game ever, until Mommy hid Meow in a pile of leaves (to distract Gabby from the pain of being hit by a swing she was pushing).  That was the funniest thing that had ever happened in the history of Gabby.  She squealed with glee and we hid Meow over and over again.

Everything about this park was fun to Gabby, even the bridge you have to cross to get to it.  She walked back and forth across it and enjoyed laying her head on the wooden bars.  I think it was truly a perfect family day at the park. I wish I could replicate it every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!