Skip to main content

Home Sweet Home

On November 9th a momentous occasion occurred for the McIlroy family.  We officially became homeowners yet again! We bought a foreclosed home that needed hardly any work (new exterior locks, paint and two light fixtures). Michael and I painted and cleaned the house with help from my parents (thanks a million!) from the day we bought it until that Saturday when Michael, my dad and two amazing friends helped move all of our stuff in!  Surprisingly we moved in smoothly, but it is taking us a lot longer to unpack than I expected, because we moved from a 5 bedroom house to a 3 bedroom house.  We love that we live in a one story rather than a two story house and we are excited that Gabby will go to a good school now. 

Our main concern with moving was Gabby's reaction because it took her a long time to settle in at my parents' house, but to our pleasant surprise Gabby instantly knew it was home!  She has slept through the night since the second day and she has been very easy to drop off at my mom's house when I go to work.  She blows me kisses and says "bye-bye" and then goes about her business rather the previous tantrums Mom and I had to endure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

A Fun Filled Christmas Season

This Christmas season has been a very busy one for our family.  I have hosted a party and been to a numerous parties.  Gabby saw Santa Claus twice, made gingerbread houses, saw a performance of the “Gingerbread Man” with puppets, made a gingerbread man and ate it, counted down the days until Christmas with an Advent Calendar, made Mary, Joseph, and Jesus figurines, and went to look at Christmas lights a few times while belting out Christmas songs.  We did not forget the reason for this season.  No matter what we were doing, I tried to incorporate and tie it back into Jesus’ birth and the true meaning of Christmas.  Even Mr. Elfis tried to show Gabby that this season is about Jesus.  He read a Christmas Story one day and prayed over a nativity scene one day. Mr. Elfis enjoying a roasted marshmallow Gabby "helped" make cookies for the party I attended Mess maker, the only way to have fun As a treat, I bought Gabby, Grandma, and I tickets to the local Nutcra