Skip to main content

A Party Fit for a Princess (or Princesses)

About a month before we moved out of our house, I decided to have a Girl's Night In party for Gabby and all of the sweet girls in her life.  I thought the moms would enjoy the little memories and I thought it would be a fun way for Gabby to learn how to socialize with other children in a comfortable atmosphere. 
All of the girl's ranged in age from 1 year to 11 years, which made me worry that all of the girls wouldn't have fun.  Luckily the older girls entertained the younger girls and everyone ended up having a lot of fun! They danced, ate chicken nuggets and ice cream sundaes, and played a game of hide and seek (which consisted of a lot of running, squealing, and giggling girls).
Ice cream cones!
Yummy party favors fit for a princess....Ring Pops!
Sundae toppings: Dinosaur sprinkles, chocolate chips, homemade whipped cream, and the biggest hit: maraschino cherries.
Gabby having her first ever box of popcorn.  She was so proud of herself watching "Snow White" and eating popcorn like the big girls! Katlyn loved her popcorn box so much she asked if she could take it home.  Mia enjoyed the movie throughout its entirety while the other girls played.

I bought everything for the party and made everything for the party in one day.  My goal was to not spend a lot because we are focusing on saving money to buy our new house.  I had a budget of $30.  I borrowed my mom's Cricuit and made the popcorn boxes (the little girls loved it), cut out a few crowns to add to the white wrapping paper I used as a table cloth on the tale, cut out scrapbook paper to wrap around the ice cream cones, added ribbon to the boxes to make them a little prettier, gave each girl a ring pop and bracelet, made a board with small bags of Pop Rocks, bought ice cream (Blue Bell of course) and toppings, and got special nail polish and decals for their nails.  I was proud because I stayed within my budget! 
Wrapping Paper: $1 (Dollar Tree)
Boxes: $1 (Dollar Tree)
Pop Rocks: 3 for $1 (Dollar Tree)
Ring Pops: 3 for $1 (Dollar Tree) (2 packs)
Bracelets: 2 for $1 (cheap store in the mall)
Sundae Bowls: on sale 3 for $1 (CVS) (2 sets)
Ice Cream: $6 (Kroger)
Toppings: about $8 (Kroger)
Nail Polish/Decals: Buy one Get one Free for both kinds $8 (Walgreens)

I know it looks like a little over $30, but I already had the scrapbook paper, wrapping paper, jewelry, and boxes so I spent exactly what I planned which was impressive considering there were 4  Mom's and 5 girls! It was a lot of fun and I hope to do it again when we have our new home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.