Skip to main content

Sunday Fun Day!

Today Michael and I decided to have a fun day for Gabby since she had to go 5 days without much Daddy time since he was out of town for work.  Gabby has a birthday party to attend at Chuck E. Cheese's in a few weeks and sometimes she gets overwhelmed with new chaotic situations, so we decided to introduce her to the fun!  Gabby did well, but honestly, she enjoyed watching the chaos of kids more than any of the games.  When she was ready to go I told Michael to entertain her while I cashed in the tickets.  The two of them met me with their 125 tickets they won off of one spin (which was more than we had accumulated during our hour and a half)!  Gabby left with a koosh ball, lollipop, straw, and about 60 of her 90 tokens.

Then we took Gabby to the mall play area where she simply stood in the middle and was continuously ran over by the overly energetic children playing chase.  Gabby didn't seem to like the play area as much as she usually does, maybe because she was hungry?  Then Gabby enjoyed her first ever Happy Meal.  Literally the moment Michael set it on the table she snatched a french fry and popped it in her mouth before either of us knew what happened or checked to make sure they weren't too hot.  Gabby loved the french fries (that's my girl!) and ate about 2 of her chicken nuggets.

For our final stop on Gabby's day of fun was Build A Bear to grab a birthday gift....and apparently a bear for Gabby! Michael and I were looking at the the prices on the bears and I picked up one.  Big mistake! Gabby snatched the unstuffed bear away from me and refused to let go (luckily it was the $10 cheapest bear in the store)! I looked at Michael and asked him what he thought....Gabby chose a heart and reluctantly placed the heart in her bear and played tug-of-war with the lady who stuffed the bear.  Then Gabby bathed her bear, named it, hugged it, kissed it, and took it home with her.  The total for our day of fun? $30 and we still have about two thirds of our tokens for our next visit to Chuck E. Cheese!  The memories we made? Priceless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.