Skip to main content

My Traveling Angel

Gabby had a great adventure her first time traveling by plane.  Gabby and Mommy got to the airport two hours early (as recommended by the TSA).  We went through the checkpoints with Gabby's stroller and our two carry on items. Then we had an early dinner and waited for our plane.  The flight to Amarillo was only 1 hour and 38 minutes (not including the time we waited to take off and to unload from the plane). 

Since I was super nervous about how Gabby would behave on the airplane, I strategically dressed Gabby in an adorable outfit.  When we arrived in the area to wait for our plane you could feel the stares and resentment from all of the people around.  It was an area where about 16 planes have the same waiting area and it was like the lottery...Everyone was hoping to win a plane without the baby.  Luckily the plane we boarded was only half full; therefore, we had one man in the seats directly in front of us and no one behind us or next to us.  Gabby did not react to take off other than yelling at me for insisting on holding her during take off.  We looked out the windows and I pointed to clouds at eye level, but Gabby was more interested in playing on the floor with her toys.  The flight attendant stopped by a few times and took a moment to hold Gabby, play with her, and give her her first set of wings!  Gabby was a wiggle worm and very busy girl during the entire flight.  She was very well behaved but wore me out!  Landing was as uneventful and taking off.  Gabby was ready to get down and play some more.  While we were waiting to get off of the plane people who passed commented on what an angel Gabby was and how precious she was.  I was relieved that they all seemed to think so.  It was wonderful to be greeting before leaving the airport by the lovely faces of my Michael, Emma, and Sharon.  Small town life is so different than city life!

The flight back was a FULL flight! Gabby was truly an angel the entire flight back she cried thirty seconds during the landing because she didn't want to stay still due to the fear of sleep! As soon as we met Grandma at the gate we loaded Gabby in the car and she fell asleep.  I think she is a wonderful traveler, but I am in no hurry to travel again (even though we had a wonderful time!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.