Skip to main content

11 Months of Laughs and Love

Gabrielle is now 11 months believe it or not!  As an 11 month old Gabby has changed from a baby to a kid in what seems like a blink of an eye. She believes she is a big girl because she has one tooth.  She no longer crawls as her main source of transportation; instead, she walks (although sometimes uncoordinated). Her vocabulary increases daily.  She has about a eight word vocabulary which includes: mama, dada, cat, hi, uh-oh, eye (while poking you in the eye of course), and in the last two days she added "wow" and "bye."  She spontaneously looks at books, turns the pages, and points to pictures in her books.  She can now put objects back in boxes or buckets as well as taking them out. She also has an obvious preference for objects and sometimes will cry if you do not give her what she wants.  She also will cry if you tell her "no" or sometimes when she knows better and wants to try to do something she knows she is not allowed to do.  It is actually quite comical to watch her sometimes.

Furthermore, only days before her 11 month birthday she decided that she no longer likes baby food.  I know what you are thinking, great, no big deal now you have a natural way to transition to big girl food..WRONG!  Now I can transition to things that do not require being fed with a spoon or any other sort of utensil .  If you tried to feed Gabby with a spoon she would rub her eyes and act like she was tired, which typically meant food getting in her eyes, eyebrows, and all over her face.  If I was lucky enough to actually manage to get baby food into her mouth Gabby had a simple solution: stick her tongue out and use her hand to wipe every last morsel of pureed baby food off of her tongue! Luckily after figuring out that it wasn't the food it was the fact that it was baby food, I have within the last five days been able to feed Gabby with a spoon again, but I do not dare put baby food, apple sauce or any other pureed texture on the spoon!

Her favorite past times include playing the guitar with Papa, dancing to Barbie.com music, waving  and saying "hi" to people, swinging outside, taking rides in her stroller, taking out every single toy from her bag or toy box, shaking anything that makes noise, playing peek-a-boo with a blanket, playing in her secret club house behind Daddy's chair, petting/tormenting the cat and dog, knocking over blocks, giving her doll frequent concussions, and banging on anything with any stick shaped object she can find that makes noise. Gabrielle has changed a lot over the last 11 months.  Her Daddy and I love to hear her laugh and it seems that she has a great sense of humor and she loves to hear us laugh as well.  She is constantly trying to do things or make noises to make us laugh.  Gabby is the greatest blessing a family could have, she makes every day more amazing than the last one because we love her more every day and she does something new every day that surprises us!  Her personality is growing more and more and it is wonderful getting to know our little girl and watching her personality blossom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.