Skip to main content

Nicknames (Besides Gabby)


Gabby has acquired quite a few nicknames from various people over the last 4 months (not to mention the ones from before she was born).  I thought I would give you all a laugh by telling you the nicknames, because none of them make any sense!

Mike and I call her monster when she is wrestling to wake up or when she is beginning to get hungry.  We say things to each other like "uh oh I think the monster is waking up." Of course we don't really think she is a monster, it's just there is typically a wail that occurs when she wakes up, especially if she is hungry!

I also call her bugaboo ( I don't know why or where it comes from) and bugers (Mark used to call Catie that and for some reason I picked it up even though it's awful).  Pretty much since she was born I have called her Honey Buns because she is so sweet! And I also call her my little angel.

Lacey calls her Gabster and Gabs, which apparently is catching on because my friend Chelsea even calls her Gabster.  I don't know where the nickname came from, but it reminds me of a gangster for some reason.

So to recap....in only four months she has acquired the following nicknames (more nicknames than months she's been alive:
  • Monster
  • Bugaboo
  • Bugers
  • Honey Buns
  • Gabster
  • Gabs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.