Skip to main content

Meeting the McIlroy Clan

Gabby once again got to be a celebrity this weekend.  She took her longest trip ever, 4 and a half hours and she was an angel the entire trip.  We only had to stop once to feed her.  We are so blessed that she is such an amazing little girl.  Once in Dallas she got to meet a lot of very special people: her Aunt Sharon, her cousin Emma, her Uncle Lee, her Great Grandma McIlroy and her second cousin Leslie and Michael.

Sharon informed everyone before she arrived that Gabby was hers for the weekend and she wasn't sharing (although she really did share her).  Aunt Sharon just found out that she was pregnant a few weeks before meeting Gabby, which made the bonding experience even more special.  Lee even seemed to really be interested in Gabby. He even admitted that he really enjoyed getting to bond with Gabby. I think it has a lot to do with his little bun in the oven.

Emma wanted to hold Gabby at any opportunity she could find.  For example, one morning she woke up and walked into the living room where I was changing Gabby's diaper. Emma (still rubbing her eyes) comes over and tells me she will help button her sleeper.  Then, as soon as the last snap was closed she informed me that she needed to hold Gabby, which I of course allowed because how was I to say no to such an adorable request from my half asleep god daughter?  Emma also informed me that she wished Gabby was her sister. Adorable!  (More on Emma in the next short blog) 

Great Grandma McIlroy (GiGi) was very quiet about her introduction to Gabby.  She quietly held her and looked at her and kissed her.  It was very sweet because GiGi made a special trip to Dallas to meet our little angel.  I think Gabby and GiGi enjoyed their interactions better when someone else was holding Gabby so GiGi could see her better and talk to her better.  GiGi's eyes lit up and I never saw her without a smile when talking to Gabby.  Leslie and Michael even got a short opportunity to meet Gabby and hold her.  Leslie talked and smiled at her while Michael started teaching her workout techniques!

What a special little girl.  I don't think that most babies are loved so much! She is very blessed to have such a big and loving family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!