Skip to main content

100 Day to Go!

So here is the life of this pregnant mommy to be with only 100 days to go:
  • The longest I have made it without morning sickness: 2 weeks and 1 day
  • I have gained 23 or 26 pounds (depending on when you start counting)
  • I am energetic for the most part
  • I can no longer see my toes when sitting and attempting to paint them (Thanks Lacey for painting them for me!)
  • I sleep in 2 hour increments thanks to the bigger belly and the smaller bladder
  • Michael and my life already revolve around our little miracle
  • I am bored! Apparently once you are pregnant (and showing) your friends think you are no longer capable of going out and having fun
  • I am becoming organized...2 closets are clean/organized, one will be emptied by my parents, so then the baby's closet can be cleaned, our room is almost organized, and I have thrown away about 15 bags of trash and given 6 or 7 bags of items to Goodwill.
  • I no longer work any Fridays so have that time to concentrate on cleaning and organizing our house and seeing friends.
  • Michael still does everything he can think of for me...I don't think anyone has a better husband and best friend than me!
  • Ranger is still working on his baby skills, he is getting used to the new baby smells we have introduced to him and he rarely even needs reminders any more to stay out of the nursery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrafices for My Angel

Everyone knows that being a parent is full of sacrifices and some are more difficult than others. So far being a Mom I have "sacrificed" my skin thanks to stretch marks, my youthfulness, thanks to the worries that cause the new wrinkles I notice weekly, my pretty legs thanks to the varicose veins I received during pregnancy that never went away, the comfort of sitting thanks to the back pain I have had ever since pregnancy, a good night’s sleep, and the list goes on... However, none of these things truly feel like a sacrifice (although I do miss sleep and my non-damaged body) they are just part of being a mommy and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything! Today, however, a very difficult sacrifice was made, although I know it was the only choice. Ranger, the dog Michael and I had for 7 ½ years, was given to a new home today. He bit Gabby on her head when she was about 9 months old and then about a week ago he nipped at her and unfortunately that was the last straw. M
Gabrielle Elyssa McIlroy 7 pounds 6 ounces 19 3/4 inches long!

Interesting Fact

Today I went to the doctor for my now bi-weekly appointment. This is only the second time he has gotten out a measuring tape and measured my engorged stomach. My boss was talking about how interesting it is when they measure you...so I asked my doctor about it today and it's true! Whenever you are in your 20 something week and further along until very close to the end of pregnancy the number of centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus should approximately be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are. This week I was 28 centimeters and I am 28 weeks! So Gabrielle is right on schedule.