Skip to main content

Shopping Spree!

For the last two weekends I feel like all I have done is shopped. I forced Michael to go shopping with me the first week to do the heavy lifting. We bought the baby's glider (thanks Lacey and Grandma!), exchanged an extra swing for a playpen, and bought all of the little odds and ends that we have not received as gifts. We were very blessed with all of the help we had acquiring the necessities for a new baby. We were very organized and time efficient the first weekend (with our inventory list of course) and I think we were done with shopping in about 3 hours including the traveling. This trip was not perusing it was get in and out, because Michael is not much of a shopper and it you get stuck looking at cute baby stuff you are inclined to buy it all for yourself or your pregnant friends. This weekend I just walked around the mall with my friend Kasey and found an adorable Easter dress for my little one (can you believe it she will likely be here by Easter!). It's the most fun purchase I have made yet, because it was completely unnecessary and completely my taste! I can just imagine her in her poofy little dress...so cute! Mom and I finished buying all of the things I need for the babies nursery bedding. Nana, as she will soon be known, is going to make all of the bedding. I am so grateful to have such a talent in the family. I hope to post a picture of the baby's room by the end of this weekend, so keep a look out for it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...