Skip to main content

The Baby Train Begins...

I am excited to announce that the first of the four girls (who were pregnant in Sharon's wedding) had her baby! No, the births apparently are not going to occur in chronological order, which is good news for me since I should be last....but as always, I do not follow the trends of the other three so I am guessing I will be the last to have my baby. The first girl, Michele, had a healthy little boy! The exciting news is the person who was supposed to be first, had her water break last night! So hopefully there will be another little miracle soon!

I am hoping that my baby will come a little early like both of theirs (again I do not anticipate this, but a girl can dream!). My boss informed me to not get my hopes up that the baby would be late because it is my first baby. She said not to get my hopes up because I will be highly disappointed when my due date comes and goes and there is still no baby. My plan? I plan to work out everyday...in the pool if my gym will allow and walk every day once the doctor says it's safe for the baby to be born. I believe this is typically three weeks before the due date. I know it may not make her come any earlier, but hopefully it will keep me from desperation snacking and gaining unneeded and unwanted extra pounds that many moms keep warning me about. I like to be in control, and it's the only thing I can think of to do that will at least give me the illusion of a little control over my out of control body! My mom thinks Gabby will come two weeks early so please pray that she is right and that everything goes as smoothly and easily as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...