Skip to main content

Pregnant Brain

The funniest thing was pointed out to me last weekend. Apparently when I want to emphasize the significance of something I am no longer using convoluted words, instead I use the same technique that most two year olds use....I repeat the word to emphasize it's important. For example, I was excited about how many gifts I got at the shower. How did I tell people this?? I said, "I got a lot of gifts for the shower, like a lot a lot!" I catch myself talking like this at least 3 to 4 times a day, so I can only imagine how many times a day I truly repeat words to emphasize their importance. People are apparently nice and just ignore this for the most part. Only my husband and sister point it out to me, because we all think it's funny.

Another pregnant brain example: Last Monday Mike's parents came into town and we went to eat a Zio's. When we got back to the house I bent down to grab my purse, but what do you know? I forgot it at the restaurant!! I told Michael I would go get it but he insisted on going himself. Poor guy, he's finally admitted that he is tired of pregnancy (just like me). He says it's too much work...and it really is for him because he insists on doing everything for me. I don't think there are very many men who take such good care of their wives throughout an entire pregnancy. I don't think he has ever once complained about helping, doing a favor, cooking dinner every night, cleaning the house, paying the bills...basically cleaning up my messes and making sure I don't forget to do anything important. Thanks babe for all of your patience and love for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...