Skip to main content

Easter

Easter Eve
Easter weekend was a spectacular time for Gabby.  Saturday we went to a crawfish boil at my parents house.  Michael set up the bouncy house in the back yard and Katie and Carley (Gabby's second cousins) jumped with Gabby all afternoon.  After a while, Aiden and Addison also came over to visit and play.  While I was eating crawfish Gabby came over to inspect them.  She was appalled and scared of the cooked crawfish, but very curious about them.  I was wearing gloves (that way I could get to Gabby if there was an emergency), so finally I convinced Gabby to touch a crawfish by putting gloves on her hands.  Catie, Carley and Gabby were the only kids who was brave enough to touch the crawfish (I guess it was the Cajun in them!). Aiden and Addison were highly concerned about the "monsters".  Gabby picked one up and said "bite you."  She is a little comedian.

Easter Day
Okay so Easter was more like Christmas in the Monties' house.  Since we don't get to see Carley and Katie but about once a year and their birthdays are all around the same time we had a triple birthday party.  G.G. brought three full sized birthday cakes, one for each of the girls.

The day was busy, hectic and fun to say the least. When we first arrived we visited and jumped in the bouncy house for a little while and then decided we should go ahead and allow the girls to open their gifts so they would have things to play with while we got lunch on the table.  Okay to literally the floor was covered with gifts for the three girls.  It was insane, it looked like Christmas at Easter! So fun! The kids tore through their gifts and still took about 20 minutes to open their gifts (simultaneously). I think all of the girls got the coolest gifts.  Gabby got movies, Wizard of Oz tea set, Wizard of Oz dog and basket, Wizard of Oz lunch box, clothes, a remote control car, baby doll clothes, a pretty bracelet, a craft table that makes music when you draw, jewelry box, a kite with a cat on it, hand sewn dish towels, an apron, and oven mitt and much much more. Insane. Like I said...

After gifts was dinner (for the adults at least) and then more fun.  It was time for an Easter egg hunt. Poor Gabby was bitten by ants so we had to redistribute eggs for her to find once we calmed her down.  Then Gabby ate a few bites of her chocolate bunny which was an amazing experience for a two year old.  She surprisingly savored her bites of bunny ears.

We then sat the three girls next to each other with their cakes in front of them and sang the most mumbled version of "Happy Birthday" you've ever heard.  Apparently when 8 adults serenade 3 birthday girls it's quite confusing and hilarious to hear.  Trying to blow out the candles was difficult.  Every time the girls blew their candles out they would reignite, perplexing to a 7, 3, and 2 year old girls.

Then it was time for everyone to leave.  It was hours past Gabby's nap time and she was extra whiny but she gave kisses and bid adieu to each person and then she was out.  Michael and I relaxed and visited with my parents and my grandma. All and all it was a spectacular Easter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...