Skip to main content

Santa's Visit BEFORE Christmas


A few hours after her recital performance, Gabby's cousins Cate, Reagan, and Molly came over as well as a few friends to see Santa.  The kids were playing in Gabby's room when we started to hear jingle bells in the house.  Gabby ran to the front of the hallway and started to yell back to her friends, "Guys, Santa is here!"  The excitement had begun.  We started by showing Santa to his seat and naturally asking him if he would like a cookie.  Santa ate a cookie while Gabby talked to him.  She asked him what his favorite type of cookie was and luckily we had guessed right because he said it was chocolate chip.  Santa told Gabby what a good girl she had been and all of the children took turns telling Santa what they wanted for Christmas (except for Cate and Molly who weren't too happy to meet Santa in the flesh).  We showed Santa Gabby's bed and then we thanked him for visiting.  As Santa was leaving we got a call from a friend that was almost at our house.  Santa was kind enough to come back in and take a few photos with Kostas before heading back to the North Pole.



We felt very blessed to have Santa stop by for a quick visit.  Once Santa left another elf appeared! Now Gabby has a boy and a girl elf! We will never forget our visit from Santa since he surprised our family with a second elf, who Gabby named Snowflake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...