Skip to main content

First Dance Recital



So after a whirlwind few days we completed it with one last excessively busy, blessed day.  We started this day with breakfast and then getting ready for the most efficient concept of a "recital" I have ever attended.  I dressed Gabby in her hot pink tutu, put her hair in a bun, added a little lip gloss, blush, and glitter (to her hair) and we were ready to attend the fastest recital ever!

Mommy, Daddy, and Gabby arrived 15 minutes before the performance was to begin.  The parents waited in line to enter the room where the girls would perform the recital.  Once the doors opened we all found our seats and then the little ballerinas gracefully entered the room.  The stood in line and were each asked one thing they wanted for Christmas.  Gabby had missed the final dance class due to Corbin's birthday, so she had to come up with something she wanted on the spot.  Naturally she chose a cat.  My crazy cat baby always wants another cat for her cat "allection".


Once they were all in their spots on the dance floor they performed a dance to "The Nutcracker".  Their second and final song was to "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?"  The ballerinas all loved this song and danced very well to it. We all cheered, clapped, photographed, and videoed our little ballerinas while we enjoyed their performances.

Once they took a bow we were led into another room for the girls to celebrated their achievement with a cookie or cupcake of their choice.  We each snapped a few more photos and then we were free to go and enjoy the rest of our day.  The recital was the perfect way to introduce these littles into the arena of performing for an audience.  They all did wonderfully and seemed to have a great time.  Gabby cannot wait to dance again.  She truly seems to have a passion for ballet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...