Skip to main content

The WHOLE McIlroy Family Together Again

All of Gabby's cousins (she was napping) cuddling with G.G.
(Photo by Danielle McIlroy)

It seems that the topics I am most excited about are the ones that leave me with writers block...I know what you're thinking, Amber who never stops talking can't think of what to say? Well the truth is I have plenty to say it's just does not do justice to the wonderful time we had, but I'll at least give you a glimpse at our fun.  Hopefully the pictures (mainly my sister-in-law's pictures) will depict the amazing time we all had visiting with each other, because a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

Gabby met her cousins Molly, Reagan, and Cate for the first time when she was about 2 1/2 months old and she hasn't seem them since (besides in the thousands of pictures I've shown her to make sure she knows who they are), until about a month ago that is!  Gabby and Molly have a special connection because they were born 6 days apart and the last time they saw each other they were infants who couldn't even control their own hands.  It was awesome getting to see how they reacted to each other being basically the exact same way.  They played together and constantly fought over the same balloon or other trivial toy.  For example, when Gabby wanted the small red balloon Molly had the small red balloon and she had the big red balloon or vice versa. It was a headache and hilarious at the same time.


 Photo by Danielle McIlroy
 Gabby and Molly enjoying their first In and Out Burgers (Photo by Danielle McIlroy)

During our 5 days with all of Gabby's cousins (except Brody, he came to visit but didn't stay the entire time) we didn't go many places because all of our time was so precious/special just being together.  We went to Gattitown one day, which all of the kids thoroughly enjoyed, but I honestly think they had more fun swimming and jumping in the bouncy house just spending time together being silly.
 Catie being her sweet self. I love that smile!
 Making sure the frosting tasted good enough for the cupcakes...
 Gabby giving Emma a kiss. I love this picture because if you look in the background Reagan is as free as a bird. I wish I was that good at naturally expressing how much I loved life. Also a funny fact: Reagan and Emma swapped bathing suites and thought it was the coolest thing. 
 (Photo by Danielle McIlroy)
 Gabby hugging GiGi

 Gabby and Reagan playing together because they were basically inseparable.
 There was pool time every day.  The water felt amazing and the girls all had a blast!
 Brody helping Grandma cook
 Molly and Gabby in their matching Minnie Mouse pajamas
 The girls baking us cookies
Gabby and her best friend Reagan. The cutest quote Reagan constantly said every day was that she wished Gabby would stay longer because she was nicer than her sister.  (Photo by Danielle McIlroy- all of the beautiful photos are hers basically)

Emma and Reagan taking turns "swinging" the baby girls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

JJ Watt

Anyone who knows Gabby knows she is a crazy cat baby and that is no exaggeration.  She believes she can speak cat, chooses clothing with cats on them, calls her cat, Lila, her sister, wants to be a cat babysitter when she grows up, and literally has at least 100 toys that are cats.  This girl is obsessed and has been since she was two.  Any time we ask her what she wants as a gift her answer is always a cat. Well her dream came true one day recently.  I kept dropping not so subtle hints that cats were only $5 at the SPCA.  One day Michael said lets go look at kittens. I literally thought he was just thinking Gabby would be in kitty heaven and we were going to look, but when we arrived Michael kept saying things as though we had decided to get a kitten. So after a very long wait we went and looked at hundreds of cats and kittens, but little JJ Watt stole her heart the moment she saw him and that was it we had found our newest family member. ...