Skip to main content

Meow and Get Get

Every parent or maybe it's every speech pathologist (I don't really know the difference) knows the way to a happy child is a structured routine.  Children love to know what is going to happen next (admit it you are like this too because you are a human) and this helps improve their behavior.  Well, Gabby definitely has a very structured routine which was actually implemented at first by her daddy to help her transition to sleep better.  Gabby's structured life has taken on a life of it's own and I am afraid that we have possibly encouraged O. C. D. tendencies in our little ray of sunshine.  The most obvious of these would be 'get get' and 'Meow.'  Get-get, also known as a 'blanket' in your world, is a specific blanket that has patches of a lovely variety of textures that she enjoys rubbing while drinking her warmed milk before bed (I know really I still warm her milk?).  Don't think you can get off this easily putting Gabrielle to sleep...oh no! Meow is a MUST! If there is no Meow there is no sleep.  This is so true that we actually have Meow 2.0.  She does not know there are two, but when we can't find one rather than frantically running around the house looking we just pull out the spare.  The only problem with this is that we have to allow her to take a different one with her to the park each time or they will look very differently.  Michael and I have talked about our feelings regarding Meow and as a security toy we are happy this is the one she chose, because it could have been Atrayu who is as big as me.  Meow is the perfect size to just throw in my purse when not needed, I think our whole family secretly loves Meow.  I thought we had made it without a security object, but apparently they can begin at any age.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...