Skip to main content

Christmas in Dallas

The Friday after Christmas we celebrated our "second" Christmas of the year with Michael's family. It was a wonderful intimate affair.  We woke up and while we were still in our pajamas we went to the Christmas tree, Emma passed out the gifts, (for the viewing pleasure of Grandma, Grandpa, Mommy, & Daddy), and then Gabby began opening her gifts with the assistance of Emma.  The celebration went wonderfully.  Since Gabby practiced opening gifts, she was a professional at it.  It was adorable, Emma would start ripping the paper for her and the she would go after it like opening gifts was the most fun she'd ever had in her entire life.  Gabby seemed to comprehend what each gift was and once it was all over she screamed for Daddy to assemble her mini-coupe. After an hour of rebuilding the new coupe it was finally done and Gabby took it for a test spin.  Daddy pushed her and helped her drift around corners and do doughnuts. She LOVES her mini-coupe and it's a good way for Mommy and Daddy to get their daily cardio.  Luckily while at Grandma and Grandpa's Emma was there to push Gabby all day long (no exaggeration).


Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for spoiling all of us! Gabby loves Michael's helicopters as much as he does and I know she will love the clothes I will one day be making on my new sewing machine.  We loved our Christmas in Dallas!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

Showered With Love

I want to start off by thanking everyone for coming to the shower, I felt very loved! I am only sorry that I never had more than enough time to say "hello" and then disappear again! The total number of people at my shower was 45! I cannot believe that I know that many people much less than many women who love me enough to torture themselves at a shower. My Mom, sister, and friend Kasey went way over board on the whole thing, but I'm not complaining. There was enough beautiful food to feed a refined army, a candy table with nothing but pink and white candies (to make sure all of the kids were nice and hyper), there were handmade candy boxes to take home as favors, there were adorable cakes both real and made of diapers, there was a diaper wreath to welcome you on the front door, pink fresh flowers, a handmade "Welcome Gabby" sign, and a sea of gifts! I know that this may not paint the most elegant picture, but I think the shower was as elegant as...