Today was a day of pride for Michael, because Gabby attended her first ever Texans football game. To celebrate I surprised Michael with a new red Texans shirt and even found one at Good Will for Gabby for $1. You would be surprised how many battle red shirts I found there for such a low price. I think Michael enjoyed Gabby and I fully participating in the event, attire included. If you have never been to a professional football game, it is a day event. We left the house around 9:15 and didn't get home until about 4:30.
Before the game we allowed Gabby to walk around to burn off some energy. She danced and met three of the cheerleaders, who signed her shirt and took a picture with her and Daddy. Once in our seats Gabby was not too sure about the loud noises, but quickly acclimated when given (usually forbidden) snacks. Gabby received a lot of attention including hi-fives and behaved surprisingly well throughout the game (even though the sun was burning down on us until after half-time). Once the shade found us Gabby was a very happy little girl, giggling, dancing, clapping and cheering for the Texans. It was a very fun day, although Michael said it was a little stressful too keeping Gabby happy during the game and watching the game. Gabby brought the Texans good luck because they won the game! I don't know if we will take her to another game, but I would say this experience was a success!
I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus. We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves. If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button. Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...
Comments