Skip to main content

Battle Red!

Today was a day of pride for Michael, because Gabby attended her first ever Texans football game. To celebrate I surprised Michael with a new red Texans shirt and even found one at Good Will for Gabby for $1.  You would be surprised how many battle red shirts I found there for such a low price.  I think Michael enjoyed Gabby and I fully participating in the event, attire included.  If you have never been to a professional football game, it is a day event.  We left the house around 9:15 and didn't get home until about 4:30.


 Before the game we allowed Gabby to walk around to burn off some energy.  She danced and met three of the cheerleaders, who signed her shirt and took a picture with her and Daddy. Once in our seats Gabby was not too sure about the loud noises, but quickly acclimated when given (usually forbidden) snacks.  Gabby received a lot of attention including hi-fives and behaved surprisingly well throughout the game (even though the sun was burning down on us until after half-time).  Once the shade found us Gabby was a very happy little girl, giggling, dancing, clapping and cheering for the Texans.  It was a very fun day, although Michael said it was a little stressful too keeping Gabby happy during the game and watching the game. Gabby brought the Texans good luck because they won the game!  I don't know if we will take her to another game, but I would say this experience was a success!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...