Skip to main content

A Party Fit for a Princess (or Princesses)

About a month before we moved out of our house, I decided to have a Girl's Night In party for Gabby and all of the sweet girls in her life.  I thought the moms would enjoy the little memories and I thought it would be a fun way for Gabby to learn how to socialize with other children in a comfortable atmosphere. 
All of the girl's ranged in age from 1 year to 11 years, which made me worry that all of the girls wouldn't have fun.  Luckily the older girls entertained the younger girls and everyone ended up having a lot of fun! They danced, ate chicken nuggets and ice cream sundaes, and played a game of hide and seek (which consisted of a lot of running, squealing, and giggling girls).
Ice cream cones!
Yummy party favors fit for a princess....Ring Pops!
Sundae toppings: Dinosaur sprinkles, chocolate chips, homemade whipped cream, and the biggest hit: maraschino cherries.
Gabby having her first ever box of popcorn.  She was so proud of herself watching "Snow White" and eating popcorn like the big girls! Katlyn loved her popcorn box so much she asked if she could take it home.  Mia enjoyed the movie throughout its entirety while the other girls played.

I bought everything for the party and made everything for the party in one day.  My goal was to not spend a lot because we are focusing on saving money to buy our new house.  I had a budget of $30.  I borrowed my mom's Cricuit and made the popcorn boxes (the little girls loved it), cut out a few crowns to add to the white wrapping paper I used as a table cloth on the tale, cut out scrapbook paper to wrap around the ice cream cones, added ribbon to the boxes to make them a little prettier, gave each girl a ring pop and bracelet, made a board with small bags of Pop Rocks, bought ice cream (Blue Bell of course) and toppings, and got special nail polish and decals for their nails.  I was proud because I stayed within my budget! 
Wrapping Paper: $1 (Dollar Tree)
Boxes: $1 (Dollar Tree)
Pop Rocks: 3 for $1 (Dollar Tree)
Ring Pops: 3 for $1 (Dollar Tree) (2 packs)
Bracelets: 2 for $1 (cheap store in the mall)
Sundae Bowls: on sale 3 for $1 (CVS) (2 sets)
Ice Cream: $6 (Kroger)
Toppings: about $8 (Kroger)
Nail Polish/Decals: Buy one Get one Free for both kinds $8 (Walgreens)

I know it looks like a little over $30, but I already had the scrapbook paper, wrapping paper, jewelry, and boxes so I spent exactly what I planned which was impressive considering there were 4  Mom's and 5 girls! It was a lot of fun and I hope to do it again when we have our new home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...