Skip to main content

Sunday Fun Day!

Today Michael and I decided to have a fun day for Gabby since she had to go 5 days without much Daddy time since he was out of town for work.  Gabby has a birthday party to attend at Chuck E. Cheese's in a few weeks and sometimes she gets overwhelmed with new chaotic situations, so we decided to introduce her to the fun!  Gabby did well, but honestly, she enjoyed watching the chaos of kids more than any of the games.  When she was ready to go I told Michael to entertain her while I cashed in the tickets.  The two of them met me with their 125 tickets they won off of one spin (which was more than we had accumulated during our hour and a half)!  Gabby left with a koosh ball, lollipop, straw, and about 60 of her 90 tokens.

Then we took Gabby to the mall play area where she simply stood in the middle and was continuously ran over by the overly energetic children playing chase.  Gabby didn't seem to like the play area as much as she usually does, maybe because she was hungry?  Then Gabby enjoyed her first ever Happy Meal.  Literally the moment Michael set it on the table she snatched a french fry and popped it in her mouth before either of us knew what happened or checked to make sure they weren't too hot.  Gabby loved the french fries (that's my girl!) and ate about 2 of her chicken nuggets.

For our final stop on Gabby's day of fun was Build A Bear to grab a birthday gift....and apparently a bear for Gabby! Michael and I were looking at the the prices on the bears and I picked up one.  Big mistake! Gabby snatched the unstuffed bear away from me and refused to let go (luckily it was the $10 cheapest bear in the store)! I looked at Michael and asked him what he thought....Gabby chose a heart and reluctantly placed the heart in her bear and played tug-of-war with the lady who stuffed the bear.  Then Gabby bathed her bear, named it, hugged it, kissed it, and took it home with her.  The total for our day of fun? $30 and we still have about two thirds of our tokens for our next visit to Chuck E. Cheese!  The memories we made? Priceless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...