Gabby went in the pool for her first time on June 19th in the afternoon. Michael and I were very excited that we had a controlled environment so Gabby's first experience would be positive (we tried on vacation to let her sit in a 1 foot pool but a kid intentionally splashed her so we left before she even touched the water). The swim event was so controlled that Grandma (McIlroy) even warmed the pool to 98 degrees to be sure that Gabby would be comfortable and not too cold in the water. Michael held her first in the water, but he was uncomfortable holding the wiggle worm so I held her. She enjoyed the the water, but wouldn't even kick her feet. She was put under the water twice for a second and she hated it. She screamed for a good four or five minutes before calming completely, but we kept her in the pool a little longer to make sure we ended her swimming experience on a positive note. I think she "swam" for about thirty minutes total (which is a significant part of her lifetime!) and her little toes and fingers were like wrinkly little raisins. I hope that Gabby learns to love the water as much as Michael and I do. (Pictures to come we have to have them developed because we used a disposable water camera).
I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus. We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves. If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button. Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...
Comments