Being back at work really isn't that bad because I am being broken in slowly. Luckily I have gotten to take long lunches to go see Gabby to feed her and love on her. It makes the days bearable. I am even more LUCKY because Grandma (Montie) gets to watch her so I know she is being loved, spoiled, and taken care of very well. I do not worry about her at Grandma's and honestly it's sort of nice being back at work. I feel like I awakened a part of me that has been sleeping since Gabby was born. I guess I feel like "me" again because work is the same as it was before Gabby, when nothing else in my life is. I love my new life of being a Mommy, but it's nice to still feel like the old me too. Don't get me wrong, if I was rich enough I would stay home with Gabby full time until she was in school.
It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day. This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children. We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met. They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids. The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon. Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was. She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse. I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring. Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Comments