Skip to main content

Happy Easter


I hope you all have a wonderful Easter.  We celebrated a day early so that Corbin could be part of the festivities.  We started the morning by going to an Easter egg hunt that had over 1000 people.  Corbin was overwhelmed and refused to pick up eggs. Next we rode a train and then watched Gabby hunt for eggs.  After Gabby completed her egg hunt Nanny, Uncle Patrick, Corbin, and Grandma left.  Gabby stayed and played on bouncy houses with her friend Hadley.






After lunch and hunting eggs the kids were exhausted so the went to rest.  So while they rested, Grandma and Papa watched them while we all went and worked on Uncle Patrick creating video footage we can use.

When we arrived home again we dyed Easter eggs together.  Gabby chose to use her hands rather than a spoon to remove eggs. So now she has rainbowed colored hands.  Gabby enjoyed dying the eggs and Corbin enjoyed smashing them together, basically teaching himself how to poc.






Corbin's grandparents joined us for dinner, dessert, and the traditional Easter fun.  We had an Easter egg hunt that consisted of Michael and Gabby pegging everyone with plastic eggs.  While hunting for eggs Corbin slowly became interested, while Gabby quickly got bored because there were so few eggs, until eggs just started appearing in difficult places.  She caught one flying through the air and started giggling.  She enjoyed her hunt, but enjoyed throwing eggs at people even more.



We ended the evening with pocking eggs (Gabby being the champion and Corbin throwing eggs).  It was so fun having a simple, quiet day all about the kids.  Happy Easter everyone!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...