Skip to main content

A Skate Date

Michael and my Godson had his birthday party the day before his birthday at a skating rink.  Gabby has been begging to go to the skate she was so excited to see Aiden and Addison and to skate!!  Gabby still requires a 'walker' when skating, but this time she has improved significantly since last year when we went to the skating rink.  She did not need help and when she fell she helped herself up and never cried.  She kept up with the big kids and skated more than anyone else.  This girl plays hard!
Captured a rare moment, Gabby napping.  She was so excited before the party and having a late night playing the night before that she had to rest before  the party started!

She even looks like she is having fun while wiping out.

She got back up and started skating right away.

These two cuties did not stop skating for hours.


Apparently fashion accessories were a necessity.  She acquired hipster glasses and gloves while skating.

During the last few minutes at the skating rink Gabby discovered you could request songs and they would play them almost instantly.  Naturally Gabby requested one of her favorites, "Roar" and  here she is roaring.

Gabby performing for the entire skating rink.  Yes, she created her own stage and look at the style.  Her moves are the greatest.  After over three hours skating and dancing she still wasn't ready to go.  It was the best party ever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...