Skip to main content

A Party Fit for a 5 Year Old Princess

 This year Gabby designed and planned her entire birthday party.  She planned the games, chose all of the decorations, and even designed and helped her (dye free) birthday cake. I must say, it was an exceptionally fun birthday because Gabby's eyes lit up as she watched her birthday come together.  She even insisted on where her birthday signs be hung.  The whole process was adorable and I must say she is quite the party decorator!
 We had an early birthday celebration with Nanny and Corbin, but she surprised us by supplying these beautiful princess cookies for the party! All of the girls loved them.  They were quite impressive!
 Gabby chose and placed the cake toppers.  It was a pink ombre cake on the inside (but you could hardly tell).  There were only about 3 slices left so I guess it was tasty even though it may have been a little lopsided.

 Grandma supplied the birthday favors, which included this bag, a crown, and a zipper pull.  Gabby insisted she needed a bag as well.
 The day of the party it was quite rainy, but that didn't stop Papa from helping the flamingos fly in again to surprise Gabby and her guests.
Daddy made an Olaf box to shoot a bow and arrow like Merdia from Brave and also to throw snowballs in.  

Gabby and her twin, Elsa

Gabby insisted on this pose and said she was running away from Anna so she didn't freeze her.  She couldn't get too close.

The gifts were highly interesting for all


Listening to a Frozen story being read to the girls by the surprise....

Surprise! Elsa stopped by to greet all of the princesses!!

Intently singing with Elsa

Blakeleigh enjoying the festivities




All of the girls at the party (the two boys chose to opt out of this one)


Gabby's BFF Abby


Elsa lead all of the friends singing "Happy Birthday!"

She really made the party magical and has an amazing voice.  Ayala was probably her biggest fan!




The girls decided they had to all help Elsa carry her train, so they had an impromptu parade


Gabby insisted on a photo with her new bunny.  Just look at those curls!

It was a wonderful party.  We want to thank everyone for coming.  Gabby and her friends seemed to enjoy the games: Little Mermaid sack races, snowball fight like Anna and Elsa (I think that was the favorite activity), shooting the bow at Olaf.  It was a wonderful and memorable party!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

JJ Watt

Anyone who knows Gabby knows she is a crazy cat baby and that is no exaggeration.  She believes she can speak cat, chooses clothing with cats on them, calls her cat, Lila, her sister, wants to be a cat babysitter when she grows up, and literally has at least 100 toys that are cats.  This girl is obsessed and has been since she was two.  Any time we ask her what she wants as a gift her answer is always a cat. Well her dream came true one day recently.  I kept dropping not so subtle hints that cats were only $5 at the SPCA.  One day Michael said lets go look at kittens. I literally thought he was just thinking Gabby would be in kitty heaven and we were going to look, but when we arrived Michael kept saying things as though we had decided to get a kitten. So after a very long wait we went and looked at hundreds of cats and kittens, but little JJ Watt stole her heart the moment she saw him and that was it we had found our newest family member. ...