Skip to main content

Christmas Came Early


Since we were going to Dallas to celebrate Christmas with Michael’s family, we had an early Christmas with Grandma, Papa, Nanny, Uncle Patrick, Great Aunt Ellen, and Aunt Kasey stopped by.  It was a quiet celebration but very fun.
 

Grandma, Papa, and Aunt Ellen arrived early and soaked up a little time watching Gabby excitedly run around impatiently waiting to open gifts.  They ate gumbo while we waited for Nanny and Uncle Patrick to arrive.  Nanny and Uncle Patrick drove from Shreveport and directly to our house that day to have Christmas.  As soon as everyone arrived, we unloaded all of the gifts flooding the living room and then, without giving Nanny and Uncle Patrick a moment to breathe, began opening Christmas gifts.  We laughed and opened gifts for about an hour….well Gabby opened gifts that long, we all enjoyed watching.  Gabby racked up getting money for her college fund, a personalized Doc McIlroy doctor’s lab coat, doc McStuffin’s toys, a really cool ball you throw and changes colors, a magnetic puzzle board where you try to copy designs, a bike, a new doll, a stuffed unicorn, games, and the list goes on and on.  Gabby gave everyone a calendar with her hand print art made throughout the year.  Michael wired in an auxiliary plug in my car, and I gave him a Texans phone case and cologne.  

The best gift of all was watching Nanny’s expression as she pulled a stuffed fox out of her stocking.  I don’t know what Uncle Patrick was thinking but when Gabby took one look at it and realized it was real, she freaked out, but eventually warmed up to the strange gift, hid it, and made us all find it to scare us.  It was adorable.  Once all of the gifts were unwrapped and another round of gumbo was eaten, Gabby began taking her toys few by few to her room by putting them in the basket of her bicycle and brought them all to her room.  Then we were all forbidden to enter her room while she did surgery on her toys.  It was a relaxing and very fun Christmas. 

Comments

Lacey said…
I think you forgot to mention her bike! That was a biggie!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve Elf Shenanigans

I thought we would give you a glimpse of some of the silly things Mr. Elfis (our Elf) did Christmas Eve before returning to Santa Claus.  We went to Dallas on Monday and luckily our elf (who Gabby named Snowball, then Snowball Snow Flake, but whose name is really Mr. Elfis) hopped in a car seat so he could make the journey safely to Grandma and Grandpa's and meet Ralphie, Emma and Brody's Elf. Here are the shenanigans they got into while waiting for Santa to arrive and while we were all asleep: Proof that the elves took these photos all by themselves.  If you look closely between the first two photos you can see Mr. Elfis' hand move pushing the button.   Snacking on the kid's gingerbread houses. Drinking Gabby's milk hanging upside down. What were they thinking?! Soaring with the eagles (Gabby's favorite bird). Ralphie riding a horse. Ralphie sneaking in a stocking. Mr. Elfis sliding down the banister ...

My 3rd Mother's Day

It's hard to believe that Sunday was the third time I've been able to celebrate Mother's Day.  This Mother's Day was especially special because I became a godmother to Aiden and Addison, some of our closest friends two children.  We woke up that morning got dressed and headed to church to watch the baptism of some of the cutest kids I ever met.  They church had us sit in the front row for ease of baptizing, but it made it far more difficult for us to contain our kids.  The baptism was at the very beginning of the sermon.  Less than 5 minutes after the baptism Gabby made a noise talking to Daddy, (I doubt the people next to us could even hear) the minister came up to me and offered to show me where the day care was.  She was very polite and sweet, but I knew I could not exactly refuse.  I have never left Gabby with a stranger, not for 30 seconds, so I walked in to the nursery and Gabby instantly began coloring.  Once Addison appeared (because the m...

Two and a Half!

It has been far too long since I've written because Gabby has been keeping me busy (not to mention Mike being gone more means I am busier all around).  Today to celebrate Gabby's 2 1/2 year mark I will give you a little insight into the milestones she has met: Gabby can snip paper She talks constantly in complete sentences: "Mommy you my best friend. Come here and play with me!" were her phrases of the day The funnies words she says: peanut butter, balloon...basically anything with an "l" in it Gabby can ride a tricycle Gabby can navigate and i-phone, find her apps, and play them Gabby can put on her own socks and shoes She can eat with a spoon and fork without any help She can color with paper She can count to 11 She knows all of her shapes She know how to spell stop She can pick up after her own spills (when she wants to) She has an imagination She knows words that I have never said to her She can do basic puzzles She can problem solve ...